Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayjohnson91 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2010, 05:31 PM
    What's the average jail time for first time probation violation in Texas?
    Hey I got into some trouble a couple of years back, and got put on 9 months probation for a Class A Misdemeaner. I'm now being accused of probation violation for not fully doing all the probationary requirements on time. This is the first time for this and I now have a warrant out on me. I'm planning on turning myself in, but I need more info on what's going to happen because of all this.

Please Help!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 04:39 AM

Hello j:

First off, tell me why you're still ON probation a couple years after you were sentenced to only 9 months. Something happened and it'll probably effect what they're going to do with you now.

excon

Apr 9, 2010, 06:08 AM
    The initial "trouble", the part where I got arrested, happened a couple of years ago, 4 days after my birthday to be exact. Had a whole lot of legal drama for the next couple of months and then got put on probation in March last year and my probation was supposed to end on December 26. I thought everything was all peachy until a couple of months ago a guy I know calls me up telling me he looked up my info online and it said I had 2 warrants out on me that I had had no clue about. One was just court costs and was easily taken care of, but the other one is seeming much more difficult to take on. It's saying that I didn't do all of the probationary requirements (community service, anger management), and I have. They don't have the records of that, though, and throughout the many moves I've gone through in the past months, I've lost my records of them as well, so I'm fairly well screwed in that department. So yea.
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 06:16 AM

Hello again, j:

If you can remember the places where you did your community service and took your anger management courses, you could get records from them.

If you aren't able to show records, you'll have to do it all over again. AND, they'll probably give you 30 days in jail to think about it.

excon

Apr 9, 2010, 06:26 AM

Do it all over again, as in probation, C.S. and anger management altogether?
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjohnson91 View Post
    Do it all over again, as in probation, C.S., and anger management altogether?
    Hello again, j:

If they think you didn't complete it, and you can't prove you did, YES - you're going to have to do it ALL over again.

It wouldn't hurt to hire a lawyer to represent you here. Obviously there is SOME conflict as to whether you did or did not complete your requirements. A lawyer might be able to find the records if you can't - or at least prove the states record keeping system is SOOO flawed, that they wouldn't know if you completed your requirements or not.

excon

Apr 9, 2010, 06:39 AM

All right. Thanks! You were a bunch of help to me in this.
    RickeyWaters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 05:17 AM
    After serving 16 months on a weapons charge,(being a felon in the vicenity of weapon, not knowing it was there) and put on 2 years parole, and then violated and told to turn self over to jail. How long can they give on a 1st violation of parole? Original sentence was 4 years.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2012, 08:36 AM
    Hello R:

They can give it ALL to you.. But, since they want you to self report, I can't imagine you'll do more than 30 days.. Of course, it DOES depend on what you did to violate... If you just missed a meeting, that ain't bad. If you slugged your PO, that would be bad.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much jail time for probation violation? [ 41 Answers ]

What is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in Ohio?

How much jail time on a first time probation violation [ 6 Answers ]

How much jail time on a first time felony probation violation

How much time can you get in jail for probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfirend is in jail for probation violation. He got on probation for domestic assault by strangulation for putting his hands on me. He got a felony and also put on probation for 3yrs. We got back together and he was doing good got in no trouble obyed the rules of prbation meet with his...

Probation violation, Jail time possible? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, my husband was charged with dui, and served 90 days in jail last year, was released on Sept. 18, 2007, and has been on probation since then, which was supposed to end on June 21, 2008. He had his license suspended, which in turn, cost him to lose his job, because as an auto...

View more questions Search