Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ruddog65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 04:08 PM
    Outside rain water in dirt leaking into house on slab and wall
    When it rains my planters flood and water leaks into house on concrete slab and wall. How to seal joint at foundation
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Better solution is to start getting the water away from the house. Do you have gutters? Collecting the water and moving it 4/6 ft. away from the house may solve the.problem. Very hard to seal the wall/ slab joint when house is already built.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2012, 08:58 AM
    The first thing I'd do is punch a few holes in the base of the planter to drain out on the ground. If there was still a problem with standing water I'd consider add ing either a french drain or digging in a dry well. (see images) Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak at wall/floor in slab house when rains - window? Slab crack? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a slab house in Florida. I discovered that when it rains water comes in where the wall meets the floor. But there's a bit more - it's under the window, but also about a foot away from the window. The window has sliding panes, which I caulked shut. I also put a tarp over the window...

Water seeping through concrete slab during prolonged rain [ 5 Answers ]

Water appears to be seeping through the concrete slab of the house during prolonged heavy rain. The house has a couple of levels and the higher slab does not get wet but the lower areas take on about an inch of water. These areas are tiled but the tiles are not lifting. You can't see the water...

Could blowimg rain cause leaking pvc pipe on top of house [ 2 Answers ]

When there is a really hard, blowing rain we have leaking in several places inside the house. It seems to be running the rafters (according to my neighbor) and there is pvc pipes in the attic where you can see outside (around the pipe) this is only the second time this has happened in six years....

Water leaking into house side wall [ 1 Answers ]

Our house has 2 floors. On the first floor, I see wall facing the outside of the house having wet patches. The water seems to be coming from above somewhere, but not from the roof of the house, because there is no such patches anywhere on the 2nd floor. I have already fixed the gutter that I...

Shower Pan Leaking - rain water coming in [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 problems here, shower pan leaking, (plumber verified) also rain water coming in through same wall where the shower pan leak is. I just moved in to a one story Villa, a couple of months ago. I noticed that it was starting to smell musty, I moved some furniture and saw that the...

View more questions Search