Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonnyskull Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Title of early 90's or late 80's movie title
    All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. Please help me out if possible.
    Wondering Along Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Oct 3, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Could this be from part of "Flight of the Navigator?" Or perhaps towards the end of "E.T.?"
    quiet1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
    It sounds like "The Boy in the Plastic Bubble" (based on a true story of a boy born with an immune deficiency. Could this be it?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 11:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1
    It sounds like "The Boy in the Plastic Bubble" (based on a true story of a boy born with an immune deficiency. Could this be it?
    I was thinking the same thing...
    redbeard86 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyskull
    All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. please help me out if possible.
    That sounds like (Flight of the Navigator).
    fixitmom Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 05:33 PM
    All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. please help me out if possible.
    Sounds like flight of the navigator to me too. I love that movie.
    antjack1971 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 08:17 AM
    There was a movie early 90's late 80's movie of a girl getting beat and a guy saved her to make a long story short they were setting him up.. in the end before it went off they showed her getting beat again atarting all over.
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2008, 09:50 AM
    You should post your question in a separate thread because otherwise it can get overlooked.

However... your movie is Spellbinder from 1988.
    AGS1975 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 11:15 PM
    Sounds to me like E.T. The Boy in the Plastic Bubble ends with John Travolta leaving his "bubble" and riding a horse with a girl. Wonderful movie.
    melissa1978 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jun 19, 2008, 07:44 AM
    I am guessing Flight of the Navigator.
    azumi13 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Oct 29, 2008, 06:42 PM

It sound like "flight of the navigator"
    ELDEANIO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 06:40 AM

Think this may be D.A.R.Y.L

Feb 26, 2009, 09:39 PM

I think "flight of the navigator"

Feb 26, 2009, 09:40 PM

Or D.A.R.Y.L
    chrlgarb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 12:12 AM
    I think this movie might have been called d.a.r.r.y.l
    Racer2012 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 01:44 PM
    I was thinking ET as well because of the people in the white suits that movie freaked me out though
    kellierhoden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 10:59 AM
    Comment on ChihuahuaMomma's post
    You are no help
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 09:49 AM

(Kellierhoden I didn't realize you were the mouth piece for the op!) - look at this at the 1min 15 sec point through the 1min 23 second point. To me, it looks like guys in suits taking a little boy from his mother through a clear white tube. Hmmm, are you sure jonnyskull isn't looking for E.T.

YouTube - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - Original Trailer (1982)

(By the way this thread is like three years old - I'm sure jonnyskull has moved on to bigger and brighter things!)
    Deacon35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 10:10 PM
    It is not the flight of the navigator that was when he was taken but aliens went to nasa on his own not taking buy force the movie you are thinking of was D.A.R.Y.L
    CeriCat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2011, 11:52 PM
    D.A.R.Y.L. never involved him being quarantined while being moved, NASA, or even Hazmat suits (unless my memory is seriously flawed), D.A.R.Y.L. was an escaped DoD funded experiment and he was found and brought by the lead scientists pretending to be his parents.
    In Flight of the Navigator David also wasn't quarantined while moved as I recall, though he was taken to be tested by NASA. E.T. would be most likely, I don't recall a scene at all similar in Mac & Me either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with an 80's or early 90's fantasy movie title! [ 5 Answers ]

I stumbled into this place and it looks like someone may be able to help me with this... I've been after a movie title for something like the last ten or fifteen years, and just lately it's started bugging me afresh. I must have seen it when I was super small, and only remember fragments of the...

Title of an 80's or early 90's movie [ 1 Answers ]

I can't remember very much about this movie, except that the story centers on a girl who has to go on some kind of quest or journey, I think. To help her, she's given a magic pair of shoes that can climb/walk on anything as long as they don't get wet, and a magic pair of scissors that can cut...

Title to late 70's early 80's movie [ 1 Answers ]

All I can remember is the main character's name was Sherman, a young teenage boy. I just remember a Halloween scene and a kid sticks his hand in the bag and gets his fingers snapped with a mouse trap. Any ideas?

View more questions Search