Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marsha2437 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Ethernet cable
    I am on orange broadband and I need to connect the ethernet cable from my livebox into my computer ,however I donot have an ethernet socket on my computer so is there another way of doing this .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2006, 04:58 PM
    If you have a desktop computer you can buy and install a Network Interface Card. Ask at your local computer store, they may do it quickly for you.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jun 12, 2006, 05:04 PM
    You will likely need an ethernet network adapter to use your Internet.

You can get either an internal PCI adapter, such as this:
    http://www.ssiltd.co.uk/products/net...ard/100207.htm fairly inexpensively.

If you don't care to crack open the case and install a card, you could go with a USB adapter, such as this: http://www.ssiltd.co.uk/products/net...tor/105290.htm

Note: I'm not in the UK and know NOTHING about this particular retailer. I am merely providing examples from a shop in your country.
    marsha2437 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2006, 07:33 PM
    Thank you for the information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Direct Cable Connection using Ethernet ports. [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to connect my LAptop to my Desktop at home. I know we should use a cross-over cable to connect the Ethernet ports. But I have no clue as to what are the steps / procees I should follow to mak this connection happen. I would like to have the step by step procedure as what is to be...

Connecting two PC via ethernet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a game freek. I want to connect my two pcs for playing multiplayer games via ethernet. Please help.

RS-485 Vs Ethernet [ 1 Answers ]

We have Programmable logic controllers that have two connections One is an Ethernet port RJ-45 The other is an RS-485 port RJ-11 I use an NIC for one and an RS-232 /RS-485 converter for the other What is the difference? Does the Ethernet use TC/IP? Do both use three wires? Is the data...

Need ethernet controller driver [ 2 Answers ]

Somehow this driver disappeared. It is not loading off the driver install disk. HELP!

Ethernet cable doesn't fit in socket [ 6 Answers ]

First of all, yes, I'm putting it in the right place. I know which one is the modem socket and which one is for an ethernet cable. I've used this same socket (is that the best word?) for over a year, and it's been fine. Now, however, my ethernet cable keeps coming out of the socket. I can put...

View more questions Search