Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdenny79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Harbor Breeze fan and light, light is not bright
    We installed (actually my Dad installed) a new Harbor Breeze fan with light about 9 months ago. It's connected to a remote. The fan works great, but the light stopped working. I found it needed a new bulb and when installing the new bulb, the light is extremely dim when turned on. It doesn't light up the room at all, it barely glows. I've tried two bulbs and the same result, dim light. I know I've got the same bulb that was provided originally with the fan. What could be causing this?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 10:33 PM
    bdenny79 - You sald that it is a remote poerated fan and light, Try to adjust the light briter on the remote, that's the waymine and others I've messed with were, ( THE REMOTE CONTROLS THE SPEED< OFF & ON OF THE FAN AND ALSO OFF & ON OF THE LIGHTS AND THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE LIGHTS< IF THIS Don't WORK < THEN YOU HABVE WIREING Problems up inside cover at the ceiling where remote ,receiver is located, Receiver may also be bad ,you will have to take down fan and test to find out Good Luck And GOD BLESS < Don't GET A FREE HAIR CURLING AND TURN OFF POWER TO FAN FIRST ;:: F.B.E.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Have you tried holding down the light button?
    ghudgens Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 02:26 PM
    I had the same problem with my HB fan. Just through trial and error, I found out that holding down the button that turns on the light, on the remote will cause the lights to get brighter or dim. I can almost guarantee that is your problem.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Yes it almost always is.
    Pollini Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2013, 10:36 PM
    OMG! Although, I'm a straight guy, I will give each one of you guys a kiss! Seriously... I just created an account to thank all of you for this blog!! I spent ALL DAY working on the stupid ceiling fan with a dimmed light. I was SO frustrated! I went to LOWE'S where I bought it from, did the same thing you did, and no luck. They told me it it could be a loose cable that might not be making full contact, so I took it down and put it up 5 times, and no luck. In my terrible frustration, I exchanged the ceiling fan and explained that the light parts were defected. So, I got a brand new one thinking everything was going to work perfectly, but it didn't. Just my luck! Did the same thing 5 more times, and no luck. I even thought I was going to bring an electrician to make sure I am getting the right voltage. Geez... In the meantime, I lost a couple of screws that I had to go purchase separately, but I found them later - Ugh! (*sigh*) - so, I kept driving back and forward to LOWE'S. What a pain!! In my madness, I went on Google to see if I could troubleshoot this issue, which eventually led me to this blog. When I read it, I was like... WHAAAAAT?! THAT'S IT?! I ran upstairs, pressed and held the light button and... Voilą!! I felt like an idiot... (no judging) but at the same time I felt a huge relief. I wasted a full day on this but at least I know it's working properly. Thank you guys again! This was EXTREMELY helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan w/ Light [ 11 Answers ]

Please help! I cannot figure out how to change the burnt out light in my ceiling fan. I have tried turning the glass portion, but it won't budge. Any ideas? I've tried the Harbor Breeze website, but cannot find the manual online. :( Thanks!

Harbor breeze fan light [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I had an electrician install my 2 Harbor breeze fans with remotes . They both worked great until yesterday. One of the remote fans the blades work in all modes but the light will not come on . Could the halogen light in it gone bad already in just a week. We cannot figure out how to take...

Harbor breeze dual fan - how do we get the light off? [ 3 Answers ]

We have a harbor breeze fan/light with a light kit in the middle and 2 fans on either side. It isn't online anymore and we can't get the light kit apart to change the bulb. Any idea how to get the light kit apart?

Harbor Breeze fan will not work with light [ 2 Answers ]

We recently installed a Harbor Breeze fan with a remote. The fan works fine but when we turn on the lights the fan stops working. We have went through the wiring and believe it's all done correctly and they are all tightly connected. What could cause this? We put in 60 W CFL bulbs.

Harbor Breeze Fan Light Switch [ 5 Answers ]

Switch was bad but when replaced now the circuit break kicks. Put the new switch on another fan and it does the same thing there. Bought another new switch and it kicks breaker on both fans as well. These are two wire switches so no room for being wired wrong. Need help in determining if switches...

View more questions Search