Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    picturefan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2013, 07:09 PM
    Throttle cable or?
    Hope you can help. I have a 2007 harley softtail custom (96ci). I was riding and bike suddenly stalls. I pulled over and started her back up but idle was really ruff. I had to keep playing with the throttle to keep her on. After riding a few blocks she just stalls again and won't start after that. After getting back home I checked plugs, put in fresh fuel, checked fuses. All looked good but she still won't start. I then noticed the throttle was becoming stuck. I still have to lube it but I let her sit for several hours and with the air filter off, I tried starting her again keeping an eye on air intake and she still won't start. Could it be something else? Did I just flood it ? Or should I just lube throttle cable and try starting her up again tomorrow after a good charge?

Bike has 9k miles and has never given me any problems. Is the sticky throttle cable a dead giveaway or should I look at fuel pump or fuel filter?

Thanks for the help.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2013, 05:39 AM
    Disconnect the cable to determine if it is the cable sticking or throttle slide.
    Gummed up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I replaced the cable, cleaned & lubed the deck parts, works fine until I attach cable [ 0 Answers ]

42" Craftsman mower. I can move the idler pulley easily, the cable moves fine (new) but when I attach the cable it won't pull the idler pulley. I don't see any visible reason for this. Any ideas?

Can you put brass cable glands on Aluminimum armour cable [ 1 Answers ]

Can you put brass cable glands on Aluminimum armour cable

Intek 16hp engine surges when throttle is above 3/4 throttle [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Ariens Zoom 1640 zero turn mower and it starts slow, engine turns over good, when it cranks up on choke it has to run a little while on choke and then you can return to idle and it does OK, may die a few times but it will idle after a while. As soon as you go to 3/4 throttle the...

View more questions Search