Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canuckdude Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Oct 7, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss?
    I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too.
    What would be a good regimen for someone who used to be a "hardbody" but has become soft due to inactivity?
    xboxlive2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Well its good to do both.. I would workout and then run... but when you get to your right size where ever you want to be... u could run once a week
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 13, 2008, 06:16 PM

Well the truth is that you have to find a balance. If your looking to get in shape quickly id start every session with a small 10-20 minute run to get warmed up and then hit all your usual weights. Also don't forget to give your body the rest and vitamins it needs.
    cartea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 07:46 AM
    Is high protein diet need for weight traing
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2011, 08:30 AM

If you used to be a hardbody, then get lifting weights and you'll find muscle memory will help get the body back again. Concentrate on compound exercises using free weights, particularly squat, deadlift and bench press.

When you are doing cardio, work hard. The "fat burning zone" is a myth, based on playing tricks with numbers. Expect to pant and sweat to get results.

Clean up your diet, cut out the junk food, soda and white carbs.

Cartea, you don't need to have huge amounts of protein to lift weights, but you'll get the best results if you have enough protein. 1g of protein per pound of lean mass is a good starting point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quick weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have to lose my weight very quickly because everybody is commenting on me I have to reduce my weight give me al the options so that I can choose one of them because I am a working women I won't get time to exercise and I won't eat much also what to do plzzzzzzzzzzzz help meeeeeeee

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

Healthy but Effective weight Loss Tips? [ 8 Answers ]

Im Looking for Tips in losing weight and getting Toned With A Period of 5-9 Months I've Tried different Things But loose interest Im 16 and No this isn't a peer Pressure issue Or Trying too Look good For Anyone but Myself :) But I'm Not too active and want too be more healthy Does anyone Know...

Any effective weight loss pills? [ 13 Answers ]

Has anyone tried a weight loss pill that doesn't make you 1) sick 2)jittery/unable to sleep and makes you feel full? I'm not expecting a miracle but are there actually honest positive testimonials out there?

View more questions Search