Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2007, 02:54 AM
    How to automate Windows MediaPlayer 11 to play a specific music folder
    Hello all,

I'm running WinXP Pro, SP2. I'm interested in knowing how to automate the Windows Media Player 11 to play a specific folder containing songs at a particular instance of time daily.

Can this be achieved in Media Player 11??

Any guidance would sincerely be appreciated.

Saivstech
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2007, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saivstech
    hello all,

I'm running WinXP Pro, SP2. I'm interested in knowing how to automate the Windows Media Player 11 to play a specific folder containing songs at a particular instance of time daily.

Can this be achieved in Media Player 11???

Any guidance would sincerely be appreciated.

Saivstech
    It worked this way, so I thought would share it with all those who viewed to help me.

1. first create a playlist with the songs you want to play.
    2. Next, go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->Scheduled Tasks.
    3. Add the playlst as a scheduled task by browsing to it in the wizard for adding a scheduled task. The complete path to the playlist is all you normally need in the commandline for the scheduled task.

Thanks,
    Sai

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Play [ 3 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Does anybody have the windows update folder for windows 98? [ 3 Answers ]

I accidentally deleted my Windows update folder. I'd appreciate if anyone could give it to me. Thanks in Advance.:)

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

Can Not Play Music On My Pc [ 1 Answers ]

I Need To Find The SounD ON My Pc It Simply Has No Sound . Please Can Someone Help. :(

Can't delete album folder from My Music. [ 3 Answers ]

I was having problems playing songs on Musicmatch Jukebox, from one of the cds I ripped to My Music. I tried to delete the artist's folder but it won't let me (cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk). I opened this folder and saw two folders with the name of the album on...

View more questions Search