Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WVMountaineer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 01:08 PM
    How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line?
    Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office.
    Line 2 is my home phone.
    It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line.
    Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home?
    Any phone persons out there... your help would be greatly appreciated if I can do this myself. (The Verizon customer service rep said I could do this myself to avoid having a tech come to my home).
    My goal is to have only one line... home phone/fax & DSL.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Do you have filters in side your house? If you do, remove them, you are done.
    If you don't have filters throughout, then you may have whole house filter.
    All they have to do is shut off DSL from office. If for some reason they need outside
    DSL filter removed. Then remove it.
    2 wires in, then 2 out to your fax. And 2 wires for DSL. Cut off wires that are to computer,
    Then the 2 wires that go to filter need to connect pair for voice(FAX)
    If you have cordless phone. Take out side, remove wire, loose dial tone?
    That is your home phone. The other your DSL.
    Doesn't work? Remove jack and find colors used for fax, voice, dsl. What are they?thanks
    Take Care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewire from 2 phone lines back to one line [ 7 Answers ]

Added line 2 for dedicated dial-up line. Now have DSL & don't need both lines. However, line 2 is wired to room with computer & line 1 has DSL. Can I go to box outside & rewire line 2 with line 1 & put all jacks in the house On line 1? Hope you understand what I am asking. Any help would be...

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

How to rewire a phone line on the outside box [ 1 Answers ]

How do you rewire a phone line connection on the outside box?

Rewire phone line [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am remodeling my garage into a living space. In order to add windows to my new living space I have to move the phone line in the wall. It goes through the middle of the proposed window. If I disconnect the line and move it down in the wall it will no longer reach the NID. It has to be...

Rewire second phone line to main [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a second phone line for my computer, I am dropping the second line and getting DSL. How do I rewire that second line to my main line? Thank you.

View more questions Search