Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2007, 09:38 AM
    UTI's/ brown discharge, cramps.
    Hello all! I am new to this site and so far so good! Well here it goes. I am having a lot of uti's. I am a clean girl and my boyfriend and I do the right things to keep ourselves clean but for some reason I keep getting them. I had 2 this month and we didn't have sex that often this month because of this but then I got another one. I was reading about other things and it said that they can be because of getting. They said rare but it can be. I am on the pill, I do take it same time every night. I have had little brown discharge for about 5 days and I have been nauseas about once a week for the last month. Not sure what's going on with me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Yes, you may be clean, but chronic UTIs can be caused by sex. It is called "honeymoon cystitis." A few things that help are, of course, taking the complete round of medication exactly as prescribed, do not stop just because the symptoms have been alleviated, continue the full course of treatment.

A couple of other things that help:

Make sure your boyfriend is "clean" prior to sex
    Make sure there is plenty of lubrication, such as KY jelly
    Make sure to urinate immediately following sex
    And take a shower after sex, but do not use soap, only water, as soap is a drying agent.

Oh, I am sorry, I forgot to address the brown discharge and cramping. Could your period be close?

If not, this could also be symptoms of a UTI.
    Modmiss88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 08:27 PM
    A very helpful UTI treatment to anibiotics (as well as an ideal regular supplement to take for prevention of UTI's) is the little known product, D-Mannose http://www.amazon.com/D-Mannose-500-mg-120-Capsules/dp/B000UGYPXC as well as this product http://www.iherb.com/Vibrant-Health-Mannose-Botanicals-U-T-Vibrance-57-25-g-2-02-oz/5049?gclid=COuI7MP2op8CFR4Eagod-gqfmQ&at=0 which is D-mannose plus other natural remedies, like cranberry concentrate, that promotes urinary tract health. I know it sounds potentially ineffective (how could a natural remedy of simple sugars and plant extracts beat antibiotics?) but I can personally attest to their effectiveness. It has worked for me many times, sometimes when even antibiotics were not working. It was very frustrating, I remember; so sympathize. Definitely try these products -- the Vibrant Health UT vibrance is the best! And also great to just take daily as prevention. Good luck!
    Modmiss88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 08:28 PM

Ooops! Typo in my first sentence. Meant to say :a very helpful ALTERNATIVE treatment to antibiotics... " etc. ;-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am 27 years old and have been on the pill on and off since I was 15. Sometimes I forget to take a pill and nothing happens to my cycle, but yesterday (Friday) I suddenly got a little brown discharge and I started worrying sick. I did forget to take a pill last Saturday, but since that...

Brown Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Right, I'm fourteen years old and have never been on the pill. I've never had any problems before but now something is bothering me and I'm scared it's something serious but didn't want to tell anyone because I was embarrassed. Over a week ago I ended my normal period but after I started to have a...

Brown discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I've been reading about woman's other experiences with brownish pink discharge but mine is a little different... I've been on the pill since July and this is the first time I've got brown discharge like this... I've had it for maybe 3 days. I think I am spose to be on my period but I'm not sure......

Brown discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have been on the pill since July and my periods have been all right, me and my boyfriend use a condom every time we have sex, this month I am having like a nasty brown period instead of a red one, what is wrong?:confused:

View more questions Search