Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessiecaca89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Why do I have a blood clot
    I went in for a ultrasound at the er and they told me I was 6 weeks pregnant and there was a blood clot on the side of the baby outside my amniotic sack
    What is the meaning of this and should I worry about it
    But I'm not bleeding at all
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Hi jessiecaca89,

Most likely there is nothing to worry about. In most cases, the blood will be reabsorbed. It is fairly common to have one show up in early pregnancy. Sometimes, during implantation or from the placenta there can be some slight bleeding in the uterine wall. This is one reason some women do have some spotting or light bleeding in early pregnancy. The blood may be absorbed or it may form a clot... which usually does not cause any problem and dissolves on its own.
    Your doctor will probably do another ultrasound within the next few weeks to look for any changes.
    jessiecaca89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 07:23 PM
    TY

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood clot in palm [ 2 Answers ]

Went to GP yesterday because on Sunday I noticed a 1" long blood clot in the palm of my hand, I instantly took an asprin and did so for a couple of days, the doc said I was very lucky, but he gave me no medication and said its probably gone, do they just go on there own or should he have given me...

Blood clot discharge [ 6 Answers ]

It started Dec 2006, my period became so heavy at it lasted about 15 days. I had blood clots.. its scary. I have to change pads every hour or every time I urinate. Then it will be gone... then it will come back again. Yes I went to the emergency room on the first time it happened and they just...

Could I have a blood clot? [ 1 Answers ]

Well a few months ago I got hit in my knee with a glass picture froame and it had a pretty big gash in it but I didn't think that is was bad enough to go to the hospital so I treated it at home.It took a little while to heal and now there is a scar that is red and in one part it look bluish...

Signs of a blood clot [ 5 Answers ]

I just had baby 2 weeks ago by csection and I want to know what is the signs of a blood clot??

Odd blood clot [ 1 Answers ]

I have always had blood clot during my periods, but I just passed one that did not appear like anyone I had before. It was extremely large and looked a lot more solid and less bloody than any I have had. I am wondering if it may have been an embryo that aborted itself. If anyone knows anything...

View more questions Search