Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatherandlynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 11:56 AM
    How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care
    I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail

I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 12:38 PM

If the records still exist, most likely thy are all paper ( not computer) and filed in some warehouse where they may have been long forgotten.

But you will need a legal reason for needing them and get a court order for them to produce what records they have.
    dawne2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 10:57 PM
    I am having the same problem. I am 38 and no longer possess a birth certificate which was supposedly issued when I was 10. I did manage to get my SSN and know my DOB. I really need this as I am trying to get a job and cannot get any state ID. This has taken me so long to come to terms with my life as I was taken from my mother at 2 (believe to be born in Bronx) but was in foster care until adulthood. To make it more complicated, I was transferred in foster care from state to state with different family each time. I try to even verify if there are records and everyone wants you to pay without giving some proof to me that they might be the real thing.

I am desperate... anyone know?! It would be a God send if I could find this.
    mihaelatscherny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 09:26 AM
    HI, I don't know about the foster care records. My husband was in the same situation like you. He was in foster care until 7 and then he was adopted. He never knew his biological parents. He had just a little information but not too much. We did pay different companies to find his mom and they took the money and no result until I found Omni Trace ( they have a page on Facebook ) and after 7 month they found his mom and sister. His dad passed long time ago. I am not advertising for this company . I paid them 1200 but at least they found her. I hope you find your mom, good luck. I am trying to find my husband's foster care records and I don't know where to get them from .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Access to foster care records 1939 [ 3 Answers ]

My father was fostered in 1939, separately from his brother. I would like to trace his brother and would like to know if it's possible to access foster records?

Tracing old foster care records [ 2 Answers ]

27 years ago my girlfriend left me taking our baby daughter with her. I never saw either of them again and I turned to drugs to help deal with the loss. My life was a mess. I have recently been diagnosed with brain damage which I was probably born with. Last week my daughter contacted me on...

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

I am the same I want to now why I was put in foster and moved around I'm 20 like and I need to close the case on what happed how can we get them

Foster Care Records [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I need some help please. I am in the process of writing a book about my life and experience in Foster Care as a child. I want this book to be as close to the truth (without hurting some family members) as I can get it. I was in foster care from the age of 8 to 18 and I want to know...

View more questions Search