Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OoooOoooMeMeMea Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2010, 08:02 PM
    Computer just shuts off on its on. (laptop dell inspiron 1525)
    Dell inspiron laptop, vista home basic, celeron, 2Gig. I can get to the point where I have to put in my password for vista. After that its going to shut off on its on. It doesn't happen in the same place all the time. Sometimes I can get all the way to my home page on msn before it just shuts off. Help please.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 11:26 PM

Sounds like an overheating problem. Too much dust could be the culprit. Turn it on, and hop into the bios, then monitor the CPU temp, and post about what it is running at.
    OoooOoooMeMeMea Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2010, 11:50 PM

You are exactly right. Big dust bunny holding the fan back.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 12:10 AM

You can get that Air in a can stuff to try and blow it out, or you can have it professionally cleaned. If you are adventurous you can take it apart and do a fine scrub (Not Recommended).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Inspiron 1525 starts by itself [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Dell 1525 and for the past few weeks it has been starting up by itself. I use wireless internet. I checked the BIOS and don't see anything relating to an auto start up. I also checked to ensure my 'Wake on LAN' setting was off and unplugged my wireless modem for the day and came home to it...

Dell inspiron laptop [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a dell inspiron laptop and was wondering if I can use a d-link wna-2330 card for wireless access to the internet. If it would support this card where on the Dell would I plug it in and would it allow me to surf the web from any room in my house? Thanks in advance for the help!;)

Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I acidentally dropped my laptop a few days ago and consequently the LAPTOP monitor and the CPU cooler fan did not work anymore. I was able to resolve the LCD issue by reconnecting the cable back to the mother board.. However, I don't know how to diagnose the fan problem. I don't mind...

Problems with a Dell Inspiron 5000 Laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I recently tried to connect a Dell 540 photo printer to a Dell Inspiron 5000 computer running Windows XP Home. I got the laptop to recognize the printer but it would not print. I decded to disconnect the printer and uninstall the drivers. Soon my laptop began having problems at startup. It...

View more questions Search