Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billottephillips Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Spider Mites in House
    I have spider mites around the windows of my house. I don't have plants inside or out. I have an exterminator and I have tried the alcohol, water and detergent mixture. They just won't die. They are less than before but I want rid of them completely!! Does anyone know how to get rid of them with out burning down my house or moving?? :mad: :mad: :mad:
    KLW Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by billottephillips
    I have spider mites around the windows of my house. I don't have plants inside or out. I have an exterminator and I have tried the alcohol, water and detergent mixture. They just won't die. They are less than before but I want rid of them completely!!!! Does anyone know how to get rid of them with out burning down my house or moving????:mad: :mad: :mad:
    You could try Tempo SC Ultra by Bayer. It is quite costly but is supposed to be one of the best insecticides for things such as Thrips and mites. If spider mites are anything like grain mites (think that they are) it's important to eradicate your home of them before then enter your carpet, curtains, mattresses, and pretty much anything linen or cotton. Once this occurs, it's almost impossible to completely get rid of them. We have been dealing w/ this for almost a year w/ grain mites.

In our case, it was months before we knew what was in our home and it was almost a lost cause at that time.

Good luck!

Just reread your post and it seems that they are only outside. Yea!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea Pigs and Mites [ 6 Answers ]

I have five guinea pigs and there is a possibility that they all have mites. I have taken one to the vet in the past for mites, back when I only had one, and they treated with Ivermectin. I want to know if there are any other things that I can do at home. I know you can purchase Revolution online,...

Spider in my house! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm wondering if somebody could tell me anything about this spider. I found it on my bed and I'm hoping it's not dangerous. Thank you!! :confused:

Spider mites in our house [ 3 Answers ]

We have spider mites all over the inside and outside of our house. We have no house plants and no landscapeing outside. A friend in the bug biz. Says they sometimes are in the lumber when they build new houses and get in that way after a while. I have a baby and don't want to risk her health but...

Ear mites [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Our lab is itching his left ear quite a bit and shakes his head. There is a slight odor and there is debris in both ears. I called the vet and she said that it could be ear mites. How can we check for this? Is there anything that we could do for him from home or should we take him to the...

My kitty has mites and now I do [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a himilayan kitten. When I got home I looked him over he was bold all on his tummy,back legs and a little bit of the front legs I also found out a few days later he has mites I am pretty sure they are ear mites because his ears are full of black so I started treting him with...

View more questions Search