Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littleyen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Can I add my boyfriend's name in our baby birth certificate
    I live with my boyfriend but not married. We equally share the bills. We are expecting a baby. Can I add my boyfriend's name "father part" in our baby birth certificate? By law, am I single mom to apply for Medicaid or CHIP? Thank you very much.
    bigbrew82 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2011, 05:49 PM
    Absolutely you can he will be listed as the father on the registration
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2011, 06:12 PM

1. birth certificate yes if he is the father, he may sign and be listed as father.

2 single mother, yes you are not married, but for medicare and other programs, you are to report all household income, so if you are living with him, I am sure you report his income along with yours as total family income
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 27, 2011, 07:00 PM

In Texas your boyfriend will have to sign an Acknowledgement of Paternity to be allowed to be listed on the Birth Certificate. Until an AOP is signed or a court issues an order of paternity the child will not have a legal father.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrew82 View Post
    absolutly you can he will be listed as the father on the registration

You are incorrect. Not in Texas - which is where OP is.

If single mother signs up for Medicaid and lists birth father he should expect to be asked to reimburse the State for baby's medical expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth certificate add last name [ 4 Answers ]

I need to add my last name to my kids birth certificate, he only has his fathers. What do I need to do?

Birth certificate add mothers last name [ 2 Answers ]

I am a mother in California, where and how do I go about legally adding my last name to my 5 year old son's birth certificate? He only has his fathers last name at the moment and I will like for him to also have mine.

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

Add to birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I need help. My fiancés name and info,was not on our son's birth certificate. Only his date of birth. He did sign at the hospital,he agreed he was the father,but it was not placed on there. How do I get all of the required info on the birth certificate? We did go to the child support office and he...

View more questions Search