Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katesca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Is it standard to file for the divorce before I go to court for a restraing order?
    Is standard to file for divorce if my has a restraing order against me before I go to the hearing for the final restraining order
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2011, 11:35 AM

There is no "standard" - it's based by State and circumstances.

What does your Attorney recommend?

If you want a divorce, file for one now - why wait?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2011, 02:05 PM

There are restraining orders all the time, and no divorce, there are divorces with no restraining order.

There is no normal either. You do what you need to do what is best in your case
    bigbrew82 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2011, 05:58 PM
    I would get the restraining order first

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Order for Temporary Removal of Court File [ 2 Answers ]

What does Order for Temporary Removal of Court File/Transcripts/Exhibits mean?

Filed a restraing order [ 4 Answers ]

I filed a restraining order against a woman who was on probation for a assault with a deadly weapon, well she still on probation. I turned the restraining order in with her probation officer the question is what can happen to her.

Restraing order [ 2 Answers ]

MY Ex husband was sent to jail for hitting me and my son, i have restraing order on him, he some how got a hold of my email and my cell # and was harrasing me, I panicked and I didn't save anything I deletedm mY email and quickly changed my number I was in a very abusive marriage with this person...

Legal, Go a restraing order on my bank acct. I didn't pay a bill or show up in court [ 2 Answers ]

I owed a bill for $200.00 and didn't pay after court. I missed my court date and now The lawyer has put a restraing order on my bank account. I would like to pay the money. What do I do now/

Restraing order Neighbor has on ex husband [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so here it is. I have these nieghbors. She has a restraining order on her ex husband. But she lets him live there. When she gets mad she calls the cops and says he showed up and was violating the restraining order. When all the neighbors know and maintenance people that work at the complex know...

View more questions Search