Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lgreen17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2018, 04:31 PM
    Ultra sx 80 furnace problems
    I own an Ultra sx 80 furnace and during the night we awoke to this screechy sound. Reminded me of either a dry pully. After a minute or so the heater came on and the noise stopped. Within another few minutes it went off and screeched again. When the heater came back on it stayed on and seemed to be working well. An hour later another small screech but didn't last long. What do you suppose is the problem?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 18, 2018, 05:12 PM
    https://servicechampions.com/scary-furnace-noises/

Screeching – Grinding, squealing or screeching noises coming from your furnace are most likely a result of problems with a bearing, belt or the motor. While this isn’t dangerous, if left it can cause larger
    repairs
    later.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2018, 07:04 PM
    Could be a bearing in the inducer fan, that comes on first and then the air handler.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ultra sx 80 furnace [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Ultra SX 80 furnace do these models have two stage fan system for heating & cooling?

Armstrong ultra sx-80 furnace problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have an armstrong ultra sx-80 gas furnace my problem is when I turn the unit on it will start up fine when I set it to heat, run for a few minutes then the flame dies. The blower stay on and will not shut off until I unplug the unit. The heat never reaches it's set point. If I wait for about 30...

Furnace ultra sx 80 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a ultra sx 80 furnace. Lately the furnace would work fine for a while and all of a sudden it will blow cold air instead of hot. It usually happens when the heat is supposed to start. I can hear the exhaust fan working, I see the ignition lighting and then the pivot light goes on. The main...

Ultra 97 furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have two ultra 97 furnace and they are starting to have problems. They have been serviced twice a year and now I am thinking of have them replace since I leave town a lot. What do you recommand to replace these furnace with?

View more questions Search