Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephaine1971 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2015, 02:48 AM
    Custody
    I have sole legal custody and went to Idaho with permission but returned a day after agreed upon. Am I committing custodial interference or kidnapping and if my order states no physical punishment can her stepmother hit her?

Feb 26, 2015, 02:53 AM
    Custody
    I live in Oregon and have sole custody, my ex is married and his wife hit me in front of our daughter and has now smacked my daughter also. In our order it states no physical punishment, can I stop visits?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2015, 05:04 AM
    No, you can go to court and ask that the visitation be changed, you can ask for no visits, but may get supervised visits.

You will have to have proof of the abuse, beyond your statements, I will assume the police was called when you were hit ? So the police report, and any medical examination of the injury will be proof for court.

Feb 26, 2015, 05:12 AM
    Custody
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    No, you can go to court and ask that the visitation be changed, you can ask for no visits, but may get supervised visits.

You will have to have proof of the abuse, beyond your statements, I will assume the police was called when you were hit ? So the police report, and any medical examination of the injury will be proof for court.
    Yes I Have a police report report, pictures and her admitting to it in messages.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 26, 2015, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stephaine1971 View Post
    Yes I Have a police report report, pictures and her admitting to it in messages.
    Take what you have and go to the courts with it. Get a restraining order gainst her and also ask for a change in custody based upon violence
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2015, 07:28 AM
    The issue here is you can't, on your own, decide to go against a court order. You have to go back to court and petition to have the order changed.

However, since there is an issue of violence here. I would file for a modification of the visitation and ask for an emergency restraining order pending a hearing to protect the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother regaining custody after signing papers for father having sole custody [ 8 Answers ]

What are the circumstances for a mother regaining custody after signing papers for father to have sole custody?

Temporary Custody to Dad1yr ago cause Mom fled abuse which violated custody order. [ 0 Answers ]

A NC Custody Consent order that I signed under DURESS FOUND Me in contempt after fleeing to PA with our child. I REPORTED Domestic Violence before fleeing NC. I also had a valid order of protection against Father. NC would not acknowledge it once I moved back into my home with my abuser/childs...

Change of sole custody to joint custody if both parents live in different states than [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to find out where I would need to go to change/modify a custody order that granted my ex spouse sole legal and physical custody 3 years ago. He now resides in MA, I now reside in CA, but in may will be moving to TX to live with my fiancˇ. The original custody order (was changed from...

Can I get full custody back after cps gave my mother and I joint custody? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I get full custody back after cps gave my mother and I joint custody

Pre-trial, Joint Custody Vs Sole custody fight, witness [ 14 Answers ]

My two sons are currently staying with my ex-wife and I have 2 days a week interim access order in British Columbia, Canada, I stay with my parents. I have pre-trial coming up in about two months. I requested to have joint custody, but she only wants sole. There isn't any danger to my kids from me...

View more questions Search