Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbud333 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 08:54 PM
    When have you gone above and beyond?
    I am filling out a job application and one of the questions asks:
    "We've all done a good deed for someone. Tell us about the time you went above and beyond to help out someone and what was the outcome". I am drawing a blank and would like some help with a few examples. The only thing I can come up with is I gave a friend a ride to work but I don't think that's going above and beyond. I don't have a clue as to what kind of answer they are looking for. I really want this job.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2006, 09:20 PM
    This can all depend on your age and your life experince,

Have you helped an elderly person, helped them put somethingin their car, carried something out of a store for them. Have you mowed your neghbors yard when you knew they were sick.

Have you seen a old homeless man or a women with a child on the street and given them your coat off your back because they were in need.

Have you turned around on the interstate because you saw someone stranded on the interstate.

Have you gave the last 5 dollars in your wallet for a good cause and done without to help someone.

What have you done to help someone else?
    techbuzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 08:17 AM
    Hello,

When you are being asked with this kind of open-ended question, the employer seeks to know how you can market yourself or showcase your skills by placing an edge against the rest of the candidates who are vying for the same position as you. Moreover, your resourcefulness and competitiveness are also being tested.

Go through the list of qualifications that the employer requires for the job and check if you possess most of it, if not all of it. Employers are impressed with competitive individuals who make an effort to prepare themselves in the physical, mental, and emotional aspects before applying for the job.

Here you can read in more detail

http://www.geekinterview.com/question_details/85876

Thanks,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search