Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patti1965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2013, 07:08 PM
    Mother signature was forged on adoption papers
    My brother is getting married and he needed his birth certificate, he asked my mother when was he adopted, and she said never, she never signed the adoption papers. We had my brother send to get his sealed birth certificate and the adoption information. We got the information from AL, and my uncle and aunt are down as his adopted parents. The lawyers office is still in business, what should we do?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 27, 2013, 07:49 PM
    She doesn't have to sign if they went to court and proved that either she was a danger to him, or that she had no interest in raising him. There are ways to have an adoption approved without biological parent signature, though it is harder now than it used to be.

That being said--he didn't get his "sealed" birth certificate. No state just gives that information out. NO state. He got his legal birth certificate, which shows his adoptive parents as his legal parents.

Frankly, I think your next step is for HIM to ask his legal parents what the procedure was when they went to court to adopt him.
    patti1965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2013, 08:26 PM
    Thank you,

We did receive the sealed birth certificate and the adoption papers, with a letter from the atty office. My uncle and aunt are both dead, the state of AL will give the adult child their original birth certificate.

She was never declared unfit, someone forged her signature, this is what we would like help with.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2013, 04:59 AM
    The question is what you want to do about it. What's unclear here is how your brother was raised. Was he raised by the aunt and uncle or was he raised by his bio mother. Apparently he was aware he was adopted. So it really shouldn't matter, at this point (and probably not much can be done) about the forgery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex wife forged my signature on adoption papers [ 2 Answers ]

I've just recently discovered my now 41 year old daughter has had her stepfathers last name since 1977. I called the circuit court clerk and told them I believe my signature was forged on adoption papers. They quoted privacy laws and suggested I contact a lawyer. I did and I told my story to the...

What can you do if your signature is forged [ 18 Answers ]

My son traded a car I gave him about a month ago. Well the person he traded the car too, sold it to another and used all my sons info and forged his signature on the bill of sale. What legal actions can my son take?

Adoption papers/birth mother [ 13 Answers ]

Paper work was never finalized, however the birth mother has not been in contact with the child since he was an infant. Is it legal for the adoptive party to seek child support?

Forged Signature [ 2 Answers ]

Just found out that my ex-wife has forged my signature to get a loan of £4,000 added onto the mortgage that is still in joint names. She is wanting my name off the mortgage. What can I do?

The legality of the birth mother signing adoption papers under the influence of crack [ 3 Answers ]

Is an adoption legal in the state of Florida if the birth mother signed papers giving her son to the child's stepmother while under the influence of crack cocaine? My sisiter was told that she would be given back the child once she became clean and sober. The reason the stepmother said she wanted...

View more questions Search