Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Disabling Thermostat?
    Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a way to disable my thermostat past a certain temperature. My boyfriend's daughter loves to turn it up to 90 degrees before she goes to school so that we wake up sweating.

Thanks in advance for all answers and advice..
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 01:04 PM

Some stats have that ability, most do not. Some require PIN access. Others you can fake the real temperature.

One of the fun ways of doing this is to have two thermostats, one the office people fiddle with all the time and another that works.

Hey you can install one with a remote sensor and hide the real one.

The Honeywell Vsion Pro series comes to mind.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Its possible,, but not knowing what kind and the model numbers there is no way to help you,, they make a lock box that can be installed with a key lock, also someone could put their best foot forward and let it land where she sits down, might make a believer out of her,, Spare the rod and spoil the child
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 01:11 PM

It's a honeywell Chronotherm. We're not really in the financial state to install extra things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disabling dimmer? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a harbor breeze ceiling fan with remote. It has the three speed fan control and a light dimmer. Is there a way to disable the dimming feature so I can use a CFL light bulb? Tia

Disabling Right Click and Run [ 5 Answers ]

I want to disable my right click and my run command in my PC.. Is there a way I can do it without having a software? Any reply will be appreciated.. Tnx..

View more questions Search