Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmmoss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 09:21 AM
    Spider mites in our house
    We have spider mites all over the inside and outside of our house. We have no house plants and no landscapeing outside. A friend in the bug biz. Says they sometimes are in the lumber when they build new houses and get in that way after a while. I have a baby and don't want to risk her health but they got to go TODAY. How do I kill every last one and stop them from coming back SAFLEY as possible. My wife is about to lose it so my life is hell PLEASE HELP ME!!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2006, 10:53 AM
    From what I read of spider mites, they live off living plants - so I question whether that's really what they are. If I were you I would call a local exterminator who offers free estimates. Have him tell you what they are and what he would charge to get rid of them.

Check out this article: Spider Mites and Their Control.
    tiggernpooh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2006, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmmoss
    We have spider mites all over the inside and outside of our house. We have no house plants and no landscapeing outside. A friend in the bug biz. says they sometimes are in the lumber when they build new houses and get in that way after a while. I have a baby and dont want to risk her health but they gotta go TODAY. How do I kill every last one and stop them from comming back SAFLEY as possible. My wife is about to lose it so my life is hell PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    I believe I have the answer... as I have finally found out what our own infestation is - they are called clover mites and they have nothing to do with plants in your house. They are harmless but annoying - they come in from outside through windows and doors because the infestation outside is so abundant they need someplace else to gather. If you "google" clover mites you will get all the info you need. I have small children as well and have chosen to treat the outside and continue to vacuum the little buggers inside 2-3x per day. Good Luck:)
    nmk100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggernpooh
    I believe I have the answer... as I have finally found out what our own infestation is - they are called clover mites and they have nothing to do with plants in your house. They are harmless but annoying - they come in from outside thru windows and doors because the infestation outside is so abundant they need someplace else to gather. If you "google" clover mites you will get all the info you need. I have small children as well and have chosen to treat the outside and continue to vacuum the little buggers inside 2-3x per day. Good Luck:)
    Hi,

I've got the same problem as the person who started the thread... but my spider mites are neither Clover mites or "red spider mites"

They don't seem to be eating into any of the plants. They come out when it starts to get hot / warm and they multiply everywhere! We have them all over our conservatory, drive, garage, path, window sills, doors,. even the eaves!

They look *exactly* like Red Spider mites in that they have 8 legs, the two legs at the front are longer than the two in the middle. The only difference is that:

- they are RED and not orange
    - they don't seem to be eating into plants
    - they don't have [two] dots on them

When I squish them they leave a little red stain. I hate them! And they're multiplying with each year I do not kill them!

Also- they are all over the bricks on our house, even being found in gravel too. I have no idea where the nest is but desperately need to identify what these things are and what predator I can use to kill them.

Please help!

Nigel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My kitten has worms/ear mites [ 6 Answers ]

:-/ Hi! I have an 8 week old female kitten who was born in a rabbit barn (so I was told). When we went to pick her up I noticed her brother and an older cat were absolutely ravenous. I brought in 3 packets of the kitten food I bought for (now named) my Lacey. They went crazy trying to get at...

Spider in my house! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm wondering if somebody could tell me anything about this spider. I found it on my bed and I'm hoping it's not dangerous. Thank you!! :confused:

Ear mites [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Our lab is itching his left ear quite a bit and shakes his head. There is a slight odor and there is debris in both ears. I called the vet and she said that it could be ear mites. How can we check for this? Is there anything that we could do for him from home or should we take him to the...

My kitty has mites and now I do [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a himilayan kitten. When I got home I looked him over he was bold all on his tummy,back legs and a little bit of the front legs I also found out a few days later he has mites I am pretty sure they are ear mites because his ears are full of black so I started treting him with...

View more questions Search