Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrispark83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 02:22 PM
    Calling on all Honda Accord owners from 2003 on!!
    I know that many of you have had a problem with the radio. This is something that will be covered by the coporate office of Honda through Customer/Client Relations Dept.
    However, I am writing to find out how many people have a problem with the panel portion of the car, and in particular all the lights to the buttons in and around the radio. If you do have a problem with this, please respond to this because I am trying to create a case against Honda that will benefit all of us.
    Me2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Hi, my radio problem was the lights & panel display. Honda fixed that, but now my transmission has gone out... WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP car the 03 Honda Accord EXV6 Coupe turned out to be. I am "working" with Honda now to have this fixed. Meanwhile, I am without transportation & I commute over 100 miles a day. This car will be gone as soon as it is ready for the road again!
    mdelgado2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispark83
    I know that many of you have had a problem with the radio. This is something that will be covered by the coporate office of Honda through Customer/Client Relations Dept.
    However, I am writing to find out how many people have a problem with the panel portion of the car, and in particular all the lights to the buttons in and around the radio. If you do have a problem with this, please respond to this because I am trying to create a case against Honda that will benefit all of us.
    I have the problem with my 2003 accord the radio, clock, and temp does not light up. During the day i can barley see it but at night it is completely black and nothing lights up.
    spitfire80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 09:10 PM
    Hi there,
    I also own a 2003 honda accord EX (4 cylinder). Just today... I was driving, parked the car and looked down to shut off the radio (I always do, before I get out of the car), and the radio/CD/clock panel was dark. With the over head light on.. I could see the crystal displays of all the info, but the blue backlight had gone out. Before hopping online, just now, I was flipping through the car's manual,and found NOTHING on this issue, fuse, dim knob, or otherwise.
    kirhan1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 08:17 AM
    This just happen to me this week. I am waiting for a response back from the dealer because my 2003 Honda Accord - Radio Console LIght is out of 36 month warrantee. I have 81,500 miles on the car. I'll let you know the out come once I get a call back from the dealer.

Dec 1, 2006, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2
    Hi, my radio problem was the lights & panel display. Honda fixed that, but now my transmission has gone out...WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP car the 03 Honda Accord EXV6 Coupe turned out to be. I am "working" with Honda now to have this fixed. Meanwhile, I am without transportation & I commute over 100 miles a day. This car will be gone as soon as it is ready for the road again!
    They had a recall back in 2003 on the transmission. I did get notified from Honda and the dealer had to put on a swith or something on the trans. I would check with your dealer.
    esap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 06:12 PM
    The lighting display on the radio of my 2003 Honda EX just went out last night. I have 58K miles and am going to call Honda Of America as suggested on this website by spitfire80. Has anybody else been successful with getting the repair done without paying through the nose?

Dec 20, 2006, 06:08 AM
    Your problem with your lights stems from a control panel that is built into the radio. I was able to have this fixed by my dealer. I have 81,000 miles on my car. The dealer’s service manager had to make a call into Honda because I was out of warranty and in about a week I had my car fixed at no cost to me. This is the main reasons I have been a Honda owner for over 20 years. Very few problems but when one comes up they stand behind their product.
    tcallen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 09:46 AM
    The lights for the control cluster and radio went out. 2003 2DR Honda EX with less then 50K miles. In the right light I can see that the radio display still works.
    hadji204 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Hello,
    I have a Honda Accord Type-S from 2003 and I also have a problem with the cd player. In fact, the cd player does not want to read any copied cds and has quite a lot of difficulties in reading copyrighted cds. However, I never had any problem with the lights.
    Hope I helped.
    Best Regards
    edamame1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 07:16 PM
    My Honda Accord 2003 Has Problem With The Radio Light :( , Light Button Indicator Around The Radio And On The Lcd Are Off. Wiring Problem Or Need To Replace New Light?
    mfuller131 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 09:56 AM
    I also have the same issue with the light on the radio/HVAC panel. My family has driven Hondas for more than 15 years and have always had excellent service so this radio light issue is quite disappointing. Thanks for the help and advice on handling this matter.
    Felipe Del Rio Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 07:51 AM
    I have the same problem. I call Honda USA today and they said that will provide an aswer in the next 3 days. He did not confirm, but there is no way this can not be an automatic recall process.

Jan 4, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Of course ALL OF YOU that have the same situation, please call TODAY and report to Honda: 1-800-999-1009
    mfuller131 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Good news! Took '03 Honda Accord to Honda dealer (Ed Voyles in Atlanta) to inquire about backlight outage. To my pleasant surprise the service rep informed me that Honda is covering the cost of replacement on any Honda with this problem, up to 100k miles. No hassles, no arguments/disagreements, no need for a case number! :)
    edamame1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mfuller131
    Good news! Took '03 Honda Accord to Honda dealer (Ed Voyles in Atlanta) to inquire about backlight outage. To my pleasant surprise the service rep informed me that Honda is covering the cost of replacement on any Honda with this problem, up to 100k miles. No hassles, no arguments/disagreements, no need for a case number! :)

Ilive at philadelphia, any information around this area that has same replacement on any honda as your place at atlanta?
    aznpnoi69 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Dealer had to install a new radio on my 2003 honda accord 4cylinder on oct 2005. Lights on current radio and control knobs lights failed. My car was over 36k past warranty. Honda provided a radio replacement after calling them several times but still have to pay $180.00 for the Total cost for diagnostic & labor to the Honda Dealership in Lynnwood, WA.

Jan 19, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Friends:

Contact the Federal Trade Commissioner ([email protected]) or Federal Trade Commission Home and write a letter. They are taking note of everyone with this issue and will analyze. If everybody write, they will investigate possible illegal practices and enforce the law.
    tycosboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Hi, I have the same problem with my radio problem.The lights & panel display.
    Honda wants $900++ to replace the radio OR $390 to repair the existing unit.03 Honda Accord EXV6. I have 101K KMs or 63K miles. I think I will call client care.
    ciscokidd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Hi, I'm also having the radio problem with the lights & panel display in and around the radio don't light up. I will be contacting Honda and try to have them fixed their defect with their pile of crap 03 Honda Accord EXV6 Coupe. I'm concerned to hear that one guys transmission has gone out... because my vehicle's transmission is starting to shift really hard and is not driving smooth like it once did. One good thing is that we are leasing the car as soon as the lease is up the pepsi can PIECE OF CRAP will be gone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A/C problems on 2003 Honda Accord [ 21 Answers ]

The a/c on my 2003 honda accord will all of a sudden stop blowing cold air. I already had the filter changed thinking that was the problem. The mechanic is having a hard time figuring out what is wrong with it because everything checks out good but seems to think it could be a sensor or...

2003 Honda Accord Keyless Entry [ 2 Answers ]

The keyless entry is no longer working on my 2003 Accord, nor are the automatic door locks. The locks have to be manually pushed down. No other electrical problems currently. Has anyone had similar problem?

2003 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

My radio lights just stopped working. Cannot see any controls on the cd, radio, or air conditioner. Was wondering if any one might no what the problem might be. The radio works fine and everything else is fine, just don't have an illumination.

Honda accord 2003 picture [ 2 Answers ]

I am searching for a picture of a Honda Accord 2003 white or silver color and white leather inside, might have some body kits or something. Please help

Honda Accord 2003 [ 0 Answers ]

Hey there I am looking for a picture of Honda Accord 2003 white or silver color with white leather inside ?

View more questions Search