Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    astronauttobe1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 06:28 PM
    How much energy is required to evaporate all of the liquid water in 1 m3 of the fog?
    How much energy is required to evaporate all of the liquid water in 1 m3 of the fog?
    Celine91 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Nov 14, 2013, 04:19 AM
    first thing is to calculate how much liquid water is there in 1m3 of fog. Fog has 0.05 g/m3 liquid water density => in 1m3 of fog there is 0.05 g of water.

and q = m Hv,
    Heat of Vaporization of Water Hv = 2260 J /g.

q = 0.05 g * 2260 J/g = 113 joules.

==> Answer = 113 joules (energy required to evaporate all liquid water in 1m3 of fog)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determine total amount of energy required to heat water 73500Joules or 4Ah? [ 1 Answers ]

Determine total amount of energy required to heat water to 73500Joules or 4Ah?

Is energy released or absorbed when water is changed from a gaseous to a liquid phase [ 1 Answers ]

Is energy absorbed or released when water is changed from a gaseous to a liquid phase

Energy required to push water back to the tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question regarding How much energy is required to push the water back to the tank, II have a tank size 10x10 (in meters), I have a tap on the bottom of the tank, The TAP size is 1 meter in diameter, I want to push back 785 liters (water present in cylinder Clinder size 1 Meter...

Can bleach evaporate? [ 3 Answers ]

I was cleaning off a shelf in the basement and I noticed that the area under my bleach 1 gallon container was all crystalized. It had been there about a year, and when used last it was approximately 1/2 full. When I lifted it up today the cap was on tight, it was completely empty, and the...

View more questions Search