Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victor2ma Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2006, 09:22 PM
    What kinds of tax return should I file,when is the deadline of them
    Hi,
    I got h1-b visa, arrived and worked in usa in October,2005. I got one w-2.
    According to w-2 I paid five kinds of taxes:federal income tax,state(new york) income tax,local(new york) income tax, social security tax and medicare tax.
    I am wondering how many kinds of tax return I should file.
    I just know how to file federal income tax return with form 1040, but I do not know about others.
    Should I file kind of social security tax return and medicare tax return.
    How to file state and local tax(or income tax) return?how to file social security tax return and medicare tax return if they exist?
    pratibhac Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 05:03 AM
    You need to file 1040NR or 1040EZ(Federal return)-am not sure,IT 203(NY return) and if you are resident of NJ,then NJ return,all returns to be filed by April 15th.There is no requirement to file any social security return or medicare tax return.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 05:13 AM
    Hi,
    Since April 15th falls on a Saturday, the tax deadline has been extended to Monday, April 17th.
    Source of info: My personal CPA, and online tax information deadline.
    pratibhac Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 05:15 AM
    Thanks for correcting me,I missed that 15th was a Saturday.
    victor2ma Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 06:19 AM
    pratibhac and fredg,
    Thank you very much,
    By the way, would you tell me something about sales and use tax,I am confused about it.
    I am interested in every thing about it ,according to my situation should I pay sales and use tax? Should I file tax return about it?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 12, 2006, 09:48 AM
    The sales and Use tax is already on the NY state tax return. Just fill in the pertinent information; TaxAct tax software calculates it automatically based on your W-2 information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file New York State Tax Return as Non Resident ? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking for some advice about my state tax return. Thank you in advance for whoever can provide some guidance. I'm a french citizen and arrived in New York under a J-1 visa in July 2004. I filed as non resident for my 2004 tax return. In October 2005, I obtained the H1-B status....

Do I need to file for State Tax return? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student on an F-1 visa from india. I earned around $3000 in the 2004 calendar year. I will file for my Federal Tax returns, but do I need to file for my State tax too? I live in New York City, but my income was under the $7500 quota for a single individual. It is my...

How should a h1-b holder file tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

I got hi-b visa and arrived and worked in New York at November 1,2005. How should I file tax return? How many kinds of taxes should I pay? Which forms should I use? I only know the deadline of 2005 income tax return is July 17,2006. Thank you very much.

1.5 Months - Should I file tax return [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im in H1B and came here last November. My SSN application got delayed and got it only on January. My company says even though you were paid, you shall not file tax returns for year 2005. That salary will be carried forward and will be treated together with the 2006 salary. They are planning...

Question about laminate flooring, using 2 diff kinds [ 6 Answers ]

Currently our house has a Victorian style laminate floor in the Kitchen. The kitchen floor meets the carpet of the living room in a doorway. I was was wondering if anyone has used a different type of laminate flooring where it would meet with another room of a different pattern? The kitchen...

View more questions Search