Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmoase Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 06:52 AM
    Can you connect shower drain below toilet drain on main stack
    I am installing a new shower and vanity. Need to know if I can connect them to main
    Stack below where toilet and bathtub are connected on main pipe.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Hi Dmoase

Yes, you should be able to do this.

Where is the sink pipe to the bathroom with the toilet and the bathtub?

What material are your pipes made of?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 29, 2012, 07:20 AM
    need to know if I can connect them to main
    Stack below where toilet and bathtub are connected on main pipe.
    Yes as long as you run a vent for the shower. Mark's asking about the position of the lavatory drain pipe to save you from adding a extra vent for the shower, If you can connect to the lavatory drain line, (see image) you shower will be wet vented. Let us know what you decide. Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I connect my washing machine drain with my shower drain then go to the stack? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to put my washing machine and shower stall in the same room on the first floor. Can I connect my washing machine drain with my shower drain then go to the stack?

Can I bypass the sink and connect my dishwasher drain to the house's main drain? [ 3 Answers ]

Do I need to connect the dishwasher drain to my sink, or can I hook it to the main drain of my house? The distance from the dishwasher to the sink is more than the 10ft limit imposed by most major dishwasher brands. If I connected to the main drain of the house, the pipes would go down the entire...

How do I connect a bathroom sink drain to a cast iron toilet drain [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a leaky one and a quarter inch lead drain pipe that goes from the sink to the toilet. It is about 30" long and connects to the cast iron toilet drain, through a large cast iron nut which appears to screw into the side of the drain. All of this is located in a powder room in...

Plumbing: toilet drain distance from main stack [ 1 Answers ]

I am renovating my house and I want to add a new bathroom up stairs at the opposite end of the house from the main stack. The distance would be 25-30 feet away. The drain would run about 8 feet across on proper slope, then on a 45 degree angle down for about 10 feet and then again horizontally...

Can a new shower use the toilet stack to drain? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! Your website is wonderful... it makes me believe that you may have the answer to a question that six plumbers in Los Angeles couldn't. I have a guest bath in my condo that I would like to install a shower in. My hot water heater is located in the bathroom, in a 3 x 3.5 foot closet. ...

View more questions Search