Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junior23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Credit score
    My buddy told me that there is a form or something that you can fill out regarding the credit card companys that states you donot what any credit card offers for a period of one year.Then once this paper work is filed with the credit report agencies a persons creit score will raise 25 points .So my question is how much truth and accuracy is there to this .
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Do not know about that form but get this. If they offer you a card and you take it, your score improves because you now have more available credit.
    Bobak Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Feb 12, 2007, 12:09 AM
    There is no set # that your score will increase, but you can opt-out for 1year, 5 years, or permanently and they will no longer send you offers from "prequalified" credit cards or insurance policies. Realistically, 25 points isn't happening, but it's free and only takes a few minutes. I have website in my office, email me and I'll send it to u.
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Feb 12, 2007, 11:57 AM
    I put a post on this, it's in the "Tips" section of AMHD. Here is a link to that page, it has a link to the website where you can directly Opt out, and read up on whether you do or don't want to.

MORE INFO AND LINKS TO THE OFFICIAL SITE

Good luck!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit score increase? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, question... 3 years ago, I had a credit score of about 580 (college years, ugh, I won't go there). Today, my score is at a 643. I've been paying my bills ontime Every time for 3 years now, even with higher than min payment. Shouldn't my score be a lot higher after 3 years of perfect payments? ...

Credit score [ 3 Answers ]

Are there any legitimate ways to improve credit scores .And what can I do besides being responsible .

Credit score [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I recently paid off three IRS liens on our house which were also showing up on our credit reports. Instead of our scores going up, they dropped slightly. Can anyone tell me what happened or how to question this to the appropriate people? Thanks. Kat

Credit Score... [ 4 Answers ]

Someone might have asked this question, but there are so many posts that I couldn't go through them all. My question is: How many points does one's credit score go down, after, let's say a bank or a car dealer check the credit to see if you qualify? :confused: Thanks in advance.

Credit score change [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm re-building my credit and I can view my credit score online. Last month it was 583, and this month it changed to 579. I have paid all bills in full. Could it be that in the last cycle my balance was just $3 under the credit limit? Thank you!

View more questions Search