Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALEX0007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2005, 03:26 PM
    No Water Flow Or Pressure In Kitchen Sink
    I Do Not Have Hot Water Pressure Or Flow In The Kitchen Sink Also Very Poor Water Flow In Cold Please Help
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2005, 04:48 PM
    If the water pressure is OK at other fixtures, likely it has crud blocking it. Start with the aerator at the end of the faucet. Unscrew it. Use a piece of flexible rubber to ge a better grip if you need to, even a big rubber band. If the water flows much better, carefully note how it is put together before taking it apart. Try to just wash the crud away, being careful not to lose any parts. You may need to poke the holes in the little plastic piece with a wire or pin.

If it isn't the aerator, it is further back. Turn off the valves under the sink. Loosen the tubing that goes to the bottom of the faucet. Some mineral deposits may come out along with a little water. Poke around up in there with a screwdriver. If you start knocking anything loose, keep at it until no more comes out. Put things back together, and try the water. You may be able to work down from the top. Let us know what type and brand of faucet.

If that doesn't help, shut the main water off and remove the valves. Check them and the pipes coming out of the wall for deposits. If that doesn't help post back, and we will see what else to try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Hot Water Pressure in Kitchen Sink [ 10 Answers ]

Recently the hot water pressure has gone down only in our kitchensink. A day or two earlier, ew had to turn our water off for some unrelated plumbing work, and when we turned it back on, the hot water pressure was significantly lower, but only in the kitchen (the bathroom tubs and sinks all have...

Kitchen Sink Water Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I attempted to change out my kitchen sink sprayer hose, when I turned the water back on I get ver little water pressure from either hot or cold water.

Low water pressure at kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: recently took kitchen sink out to replace coutertop, the water pressure has been low in kitchen sink ever since. Have checked for foreign objects in line. Dishwasher seems to be working fine.

Little water pressure in the kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

I have lttle to no pressure when I turn on the water in the kitchen sink. The cold it really strong. I am clueless and don't know what to do. Please help! :(

Low cold water flow/pressure in kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

We live on the 6th floor in a 12-story condo building and have always had low cold water flow/pressure in the kitchen sink. The hot water is OK, as is the cold water in the bathrooms. I've adjusted the pressure valve under the sink to get as much flow/pressure as possible, but the stream is barely...

View more questions Search