Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Knights29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 03:57 AM
    Lawnmower won't start
    I have tried for two weekends to get my Toro Lawnmower (3 yrs. Old) to start with no luck. Last week, the pull string broke and I have replaced that as well as the spark plug. Anything else?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 24, 2007, 09:12 AM
    You may have already done this but dump the old fuel and start with fresh gas, not stored alll winter in the garage. If you can get at the carb bowl, remove it and dump it too. With the bowl removed check the needle valve to insure it closes completely when pushed upward.
    Thomas Mills Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Apr 13, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Are you sure it is getting spark. If so take the sparkplug out and put a small amount of fuel into the chamber (sparkplug hole). Put sparkplug back in and see if it fires. If so it is a fuel problem. Then we can go from there. If you don't know how to check for spark contact me. Thomas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower Help [ 10 Answers ]

My lawnmower, Murray Select w/Briggs?Stratton engine, will start but will not get up to speed. It only putt-putts and kicks out a lot of smoke. Any suggestions?

Lawnmower maintenance [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of oil do I use for a troy built lawnmover?

Lawnmower seems stuck [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Murray push Lawnmower. One day while mowing in especially tall grass something was hit, like a rock, and the mower immediately stopped. Now don't laugh at me cause I don't know the names of the parts. When it was attempted to restart it the cord would not move... like it was stuck. I...

Lawnmower won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a murray 12.5 that I just bought from someone , used it for the last couple of months and now it won't start , it sounds like it's dragging I have changed the oil and the gas when I got it but this is the first it's done this. The flywheel does move and it does have oil so it's not locked...

Help with lawnmower rope [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new lawnmower it started OK, went about 5 feet then quit. I tried to pull the rope to start it again (while holding down the handle/lever)but it appears to be "stuck" and won't pull out. What am I dong wrong??

View more questions Search