Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morrisvj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Bathroom handle removal
    I have a old home and the bathroom shower handles have no caps, screw or set screw to remove them. How do I get them off to fix leak?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 27, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisvj
    I have a old home and the bathroom shower handles have no caps, screw or set screw to remove them. How do I get them off to fix leak?
    Can you take a picture of the handle and sent it along with the brand name of the shower valve. Thanks tom

Aug 27, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Can you take a picture of the handle and sent it along with the brand name of the shower valve. Thanks tom
    The brand is Globe that is all it says.Name:  100_0133.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  25.2 KB

Aug 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
    Any Ideas on how this works?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 27, 2006, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisvj
    Any Ideas on how this works?
    Handles of this type usually have a set screw located in the part that's on the
    Stem. Look for any indentations that may hide it. Good luck Tom
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2006, 09:17 PM
    The best I can tell from looking at the picture is that if may have a nut on the handle that is located on the end of the handle closest to the wall> If this is what I think it is you loosen the nut maybe a couple of turns and then try to pull the handle off if it does not come off loosen just a bit more and try again. How this works it the handle fits onto the stem and then as the nut tightens if squeezes part of the handle ac]gainst the stem...
    Remember I am just going by what I can see and it is not really clear. But look for a nut that you could put a wrench on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loose faucet handle [ 12 Answers ]

We just installed a new Price Fister faucet in our kitchen sink. The lever that turns the water on doesn't stay up unless you hold it (up is on, down is off). We can't lift the handle halfway to get only a little water because the handle falls to the off position immediately. Is there a screw to...

How PHP Handle XML File? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Would you please help? I'm currently using PHP Version 4.3.11. Q#1. If I'd like to created a php page to read a XML file which is generated by Oracle server. What function do I need in php to handle this event? Q#2. Do I need to install a higher php version in order to do so? ...

Toilet leaks at handle [ 9 Answers ]

Help, the tank fills up too much, all the way to the handle! And then starts drip drip dripping outside the handle connection into a bucket! But I notice that when the toilet is used a lot (flushed) it does not doing it as often, I guess because it takes a while for the tank to fill up to the top...

Kitchen faucet handle [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to get off my kitchen faucet handle (single faucet) but the hex nut that unlocks it will not turn. Any suggestions how to unloosen the hex nut? I tried vinegar and oil with no success. It is a Kohler single faucet kitchen sink. Thanks, gatnus

Handle goes down, but toilet doesn't flush [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I press the handle on the toilet, but the toilet does not flush. The screw(?) inside the tank attached to the handle appears to be rusted. Chain is intact. What do I do? Thanks much!

View more questions Search