Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancyjunior Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 04:51 PM
    Sears tractor model 917.254850
    I have a sear riding mower model # 917.254850 14 hp Kohler engine model CV14s Type#PS1452 and every time I turn the key to the cranking position it blows the fuse and won't start. I have checked all the wires and none are burnt or bare.
    Can some one please help I know its an old tractor but it was my late grandfathers and is still in good shape otherwise.

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 19, 2009, 05:00 PM

Try disconnecting the big red wire going to the starter, turn the key to see if the fuse blows. If it doesn't blow you may have a short in your starter. I would remove the starter and have it tested or just touch the terninals with a jumper cable from a battery.
    Lucky01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 07:30 PM
    I have a sear riding mower model # 917.254850 14 hp Kohler engine model CV14s Type#PS1452
    It would not start so I checked the battery & the terminals were dirty. I cleaned it up and it started fine. Now, for some unknown reason, the engine cranks but it starts intermittently. I thought it was the fuel line, but I checked all the hosing and there is gas in the line.
    I bought this used, so my knowledge of how it works is limited. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Model 917.256524 Lawn tractor 15.5 HP [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 15.5 Hp Craftsman lawn tractor. It starts fine but when you push the blade lever up to engage the blades the mower dies. Also if you let out on the brake/clutch pedel the mower stops. Note: the blade safety switch is OK and so is the clutch safety switch as is the seat safety switch. Any...

Sears Tractor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman Garden Tractor Mod. # 917.275034. While Mowing today it stalled and will not re start . Through process of elimination a blown fuse was located in the wiring harness. The manual offers no information as to what the fuse controls but it continues to blow. Deck was disengaged and...

Sears tractor [ 2 Answers ]

Tractor has new battery but has to be jumped off once running it runs great for a while then dies and want crank back up battery is dead. Where should I look to get this problem fixed?

Sears model 917276102 Garden Tractor 54" Deck [ 1 Answers ]

The deck will not stay attached to the tractor on one side. I was told by a Sears repairman that this was a problem With this model tractor. How do you fix this problem? I bought the sway bar the repair man said would fix it But it was to long. Is there another way to fix this? Thank You

Sears tractor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 19.5 hp sears tractor. Last year it didn't run well, so same this year. I changed the spark plugs, air filter, oil, fuel filter, took apart carb and cleaned all the goop out. I checked the fuel pump, but cannot tell if it really works, but I do have vacuum at the base of it. The...

View more questions Search