Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pharr001 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 12:25 PM
    Bone spur removal from baby toe?
    Over the past year or so I've had some painful trouble with recurring hard corns on the outside of my baby toe. I saw a podiatrist who took an x-ray and discovered that I have a bone spur which is causing my toe to rub against any shoes or sneakers that I wear, causing these painful corns. She said that my options are either to come get the corn scraped every time it comes back (this is completely painless, but would more than likely result in monthly visits since I seem to get them aaaaaallllll the time), or to have a minor, MINOR surgery in which she'll make a tiny incision in my toe and scrape down the bone spur. This will require a couple stitches and the use of a surgical boot for about 2 weeks. But the upside is that the corns are much less likely to return.
    My question is, has anyone had a surgery like this before? How bad is the recovery? How bad is the post-surgical pain and how long does it last? Is it worth the pain and the 2 weeks with a boot on, or is it better just to suck it up and deal with the monthly 'corn scrapings'?
    nettiejane55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 09:17 AM
    I had this procedure done on my baby toe yesterday @ Podiatrist office and I am in a lot of pain right now. Dr. prescribed vicodin which I had not planned on taking, however once the local wore off was grabbing for the bottle. Didn't sleep well and I am in bed with foot propped up right now. I am so hoping that this will be a "one day off my foot" experience and pain will soon subside. Time will tell
    reann273 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 07:39 PM
    Have The Surgery , cause I broke my Baby Toe about 20 years ago and now can't stand pressure on my baby toe and have made Dr Appt and pretty sure it is a Toe Spur because I have A Corn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regretting Spur of the Moment Decision (I don't like him) [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, so two day ago, a boy asked me to be his girlfriend. He told me that he'd been "crushing" on me really hard. He's sweet and I know he really cares about me. I didn't have the heart to say no, so I said yes. So here's the problem. I don't like him any more than as a good friend. He's...

Which bits? Auger, carbide or spur-point? [ 2 Answers ]

Have been doing the research but really I'm getting more confused: I am dealing with the following project/prospects:(A) Drilling into really hard wood (South American 'Greenheart' and Purple Heart'). Tried using ordinary twist bits which I was assured would be adequate and the lumber simply...

Bone dry [ 3 Answers ]

Tonight my boyfriend and I were having sex (he got me off before we did it so I would be lubed enough) and everything was going fine until I started to feel a burning/friction sensation. I then realized I was bone dry. I have no idea why this happened. I don't see how it could all just go away....

View more questions Search