Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jul 16, 2005, 01:06 PM
    Housing Bubble-when will it burst?
    Anyone have a year or date that the housing market will collapse and come crashing down faster than anyone can imagine? What will this do to our economy? Have read lots of different points of view and the one that stood out the most was when the housing market starts to crumble when it's over we will live in conditions worse than the great depression. Wanted a time line so I can tell others so they can be prepared.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2005, 09:56 PM
    Don't think anyone can give you a timeline any more than anybody knew when the tech stock bubble would burst. But any reasonable person knew the market couldn't support the gains.

The biggest concern I've read about lately is the problem with interest only loans and inflated markets. Basically people are using the IO loans to buy houses they really cannot afford... expecting to be able to sell later with the market still strong or with their financial position stronger by the time the rest of the loan kicks in.

When the market turns they'll find they cannot get what they need, leaving either the owners or the lenders in a bad, bad place.

No timeline... but those who get caught when it turns, and it will, cannot plead they didn't see it coming... just like the tech bubble, everybody KNEW the market was unrealistic, some just chose to hope it'd stay that way

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fair Housing in Arizona for ex-convicts? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what can be done to help those who have past criminal records to find housing without being discriminated against. Does Arizona have any laws that protect ex-convicts against discrimination for housing needs? What about the Privacy Act or Fair Housing Act?

A bubble in the eye? [ 4 Answers ]

My husbands been sick for the past 2 days now. His eyes are red and have been really itchy. I just took a good look at it a few minutes ago and he's got what seems to be like a bubble of air forming on the top layer of his eyeball! It looks somewhat like a blister but I think its just air in that...

Housing Question [ 4 Answers ]

A new child support law became in effect in TN in October 2004, where child support is to be determined by shared income. I filed for divorce in May 2004 but continued to live in the house until March 2005 at which time my wife set child support on me for which I did not have a problem, but the...

Bubble, bubble, toilet trouble! [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a 2 bath home, ranch style. The toilet and shower in the master are fine, as is the kitchen sink and the laundry room. In the main bath, my toilet won't drain, when plunged out it backs into the tub drain. Also, when I run the water in the tub, it makes the toilet bubble. Same thing...

Drain King/Possibility to burst PVC Pipe [ 6 Answers ]

I have a pool which has 1&3/4" PVC pipe going from the pool (the skimmer) to the pool pump. The pump suctions water in from the pool. Unfortunately, debris (leaves and pine needles and other stuff) has gotten into that line (it is about 30 feet long) and partially clogged the line. Part of...

View more questions Search