Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krhyou Posts: 4, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Alexander Graham Bell
    What are the names of the children of Alexander Graham Bell? I think I am related to him. My mom was a Bell before she married, and she often spoke of a "Mother Carrie". Thank you in advance for any help.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 12:22 AM
    Let me give you a good place to start. One of the most interesting people on this planet happens to be one Dr. Fred Bell. I have his book, Rays of Truth-Crystals of Light. It is a mind blower from page one! He is the Grandson of A. G. Bell. Dr. Fred Bell is a MAD SCIENTIST in the truest sense of the word! He is a straight up GASSER! His web site is: Pyradyne, Dr. Fred Bell
    Email him. If he is around his office he will contact you. When he is on the coasttocoastam radio show, he will answer most emails- thousands of them! Ask him about Mother Carrie.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Let me get this out of the way first:
    I don't think this Dr Fred Bell is the grandson of A.G. Bell, as you can see it isn't mentioned below... the guy seems a bit of a whackjob to me.. (If he was A.G.Bell's grandson, he should be about 90 now)
    (I'm sure A.G Bell would be turning in his grave if one of his grandsons was into crystal power, alien contact, and things) His site is presented like any other scam site, like those you see offering immortality and "relationship advice" from some self-proclaimed master
    I'm offended that he calls himself a scientist.

Now that's dealt with: Back to the real subject, you, krhyou:

Alexander Graham Bell had four children:
    Elsie Bell (born 1878)
    Marian Bell (Daisey)
    And two sons who died young

Here are their children:

Marian:
    Alexander Graham Bell Fairchild (1906-1994)
    Barbara Lathrop Fairchild (1909-1998)
    Nancy Bell Fairchild (1912-1976)

Elsie:
    Melville Bell Grosvenor (1901-1982)
    Gertrude Hubbard Grosvenor (1903-1986)
    Mabel Harlakenden Grosvenor (1905- )
    Lilian Waters Grosvenor (1907-1985)
    Alexander Graham Bell Grosvenor (1909-1915)
    Elsie Alexandra Carolyn Grosvenor (1911- )
    Gloria Victoria Grosvenor (1918-1972)

And Alexander's brother had one child:
    Edward Charles Ottoway Bell

It doesn't look like you are a direct descendant, as A.G.Bell's children (who survived) were both female, and so the family name wasn't carried on.

You do have one chance in "Elsie Alexandra Carolyn Grosvenor". She might have married a man with surname Bell and could well be "Mother Carrie" (from Carolyn). Look into her first!!! (apparently she's still alive?? )

If that comes to a dead end, look into A.G.Bell's parents and see if they had other children that might have carried on the name to your mother. Or look up this Edward Charles Ottoway Bell, and see what his family tree is like.

I'm sure GeneGenie will be along to help soon. He's awesome. ;)
    Some good Genealogy resources are listed here. With the full name and birthyear, you should have no trouble tracking down some of these people and finding family.

Good luck!
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 01:58 AM
    I just looked up Elsie Alexandra Carolyn Grosvenor, she died at 93 with the surname Grosvenor-Myers, doesn't look like Mother Carrie :(
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 03:00 AM
    Dr. Fred Bell was born in Ann Arbor Michigan. His father was a scientist whom worked with the late Henry Ford Sr. His great uncle from his father's side, Alexander Graham Bell, was also a very well-known inventor, and on his mother's side, a direct descendant of Ethan Allen. As a result of this strange genetic gene pool Dr. Bell has a tendency to be a revolutionist with wild and crazy ideas... a bit of an eclectic eccentric. His father Allan Bell, brought the London Bridge over from England and put it in the middle of an Arizona desert. Later he built a city with a pond around it, today called Havasu City.

I said he was a wild dude Capuchin and I did get the info mixed up. Not Grandfather but Great Uncle. If Fred is lying about being related to A.G. Bell then all I can say is big, freakin deal. I won't get as riled up about it as you! As far as thinking for myself, I got this information off the internet, the same place you got yours. :eek:
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 03:09 AM
    Except the information I have gathered is from The Library of Congress, and other research that others have done, not from a guy who claims he has contacted aliens' biography page that he has written himself.

I don't wish to discuss this here, I want to help the OP, and just wanted to point out that the information you provided is, at the least, debatable.
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Here is his family tree from the Library of Congress.

The Library of congress has thousands of documents on his family in it's collection here.

Go here (Rootsweb family trees) and plug in his name, born 1847 to see what other descendants have documented about his descendancy - to see which ones may be of your line.

Be careful, though, to compare what those people have with the LOC stuff. There are often errors found in those Rootsweb Family Trees.

If you don't find what you're looking for, give us the name of your oldest known (known with certainty) ancestor in your Bell line and I'll plug him or her into my databases to hopefully give you a lead.
    dek5 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krhyou
    What are the names of the children of Alexander Graham Bell? I think I am related to him. My mom was a Bell before she married, and she often spoke of a "Mother Carrie". Thank you in advance for any help.
    There are some letters from Alexander Graham Bell in the Library of Congress that are addressed to a Carrie. You might check there
    dek5 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krhyou
    I found some information in the Library of Congress. Carrie Bell was Alexander Graham Bells sister-in-law. She came over from Scotland with Alexander's parents after the death of his other two sons.
    AMG12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 07:38 PM
    Capuchin is correct. Magprob, anyone with the last name Bell claiming to be a direct descendant of AGB is a liar. He had only daughters. And I've never heard of Dr. Fred Bell, and I am AGB's great great grandson. This information is not "gathered on the internet." Good day.
    codek5lo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 08:14 PM
    Has anyone know the name of Jeannie Bell Morris?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by codek5lo View Post
    Has anyone know the name of Jeannie Bell Morris?
    That's her name. She was Alexander's sister.

See here for more info on the genealogy of the family:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/geneal...tml#post273617
    davevank Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 12:50 PM
    I am researching the Bell family and I would be grateful for any information about AG Bells Grandfathers ancestors. I understand that Alexander Bell was born in 1790 in St Andrews Scotland and died in 1865 in Washington DC. I am trying to find a link to my wife's line of Bells from Airdrie Scotland between Glasgow and Edinburgh. The oldest record we have is for Andrew Bell b 1702 in Leven Fife, Scotland. Thanks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 06:47 AM

davevank, look close at the previous posts in this thread. Additionally, see these links: Genealogy of Alexander Graham Bell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bell Trap [ 9 Answers ]

Can someone explain what a bell trap is? I have in my older home what I think are metal bell traps. Grate has a bell shaped cup that goes over drain. Is the theory that a small amount of water lays in the drain sealing the bell to drain and sewer smell out, but still allows water to drain off the...

Bell Trap [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, First time question asker! I have a rental property and the renters have been complaining about sewer smell in the basement when the shower is running. I had a plumber replace the cast iron drain pipe from the second floor bathroom to the basement floor (the entire stack). Across...

Door bell wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what the circuit of a door bell (front lighted button) no back door bell, how it is wired with four wires. Two solid blue and two blue/white. Four each on the transformer ane four on the bell transdusher. Two on the button, front door. How does this work?

Door Bell Ringer [ 5 Answers ]

I move to this House, and the door bell sound more like a alarm than a door bell( is extremely loud and irritating). The ringer brand is bticino (model 382321 made in Italy). I been looking to change this one to a more easy to listen chime or bell. But everything I found is an external bell box....

View more questions Search