Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Interview questions
    Customer Service Rep

During my employment at British Gas, my job role was as a CSR (Customer Service Representative). I had to deal with details of customers who had either joined or withdrawn their Gas and Electric accounts. I would cross reference their details from a variety of sources, checking direct with the customer themselves via the telephone.My main duties were to make sure that all the details of the customer's accounts were properly set and pre-checked before confirming them to the systems' database. Due to the nature of the work, which is working on the computer, I had to have the following skills:

Be familiar with Microsoft software packages such as; Excel, Microsoft Word, Access and Note pad
    Be able to make fast calculations
    Be able to use the workstation comfortably
    Be able to make reasonable and sensible decisions
    Be able to communicate fluently with the customers if necessary.

Power Point Electric

Communicate with suppliers and distributors
    Dealing with complaints
    Dealing with customer orders
    Be familiar with Microsoft software packages such as; Excel, Microsoft Word, Access and Note pad

I undertook many responsibilities, which concerned direct contact with the public as well as providing detailed information about numerous electronic products. I also developed good relationship with the customers by answering calls with regards to their opinions on the specific items they had purchased as well as handling any customer complaints, thus, resulting in their continued support for the company.

s.a.m carpets

At s.a.m carpets I dealt with customers who were placing orders by phone.I had to check if items were in stock, sumarize orders on an orderslip and convert measurements for carpet orders to the right metric unit.

----

In light of the work experiences mentioned above, how would I answer the following questions,

give me an example of when you have solved a problem at work

*CLIENTS DETAILS ON THE COMPUTER WERE INCORRECT CAUSING HIS POST TO GO TOAN INCORRECT ADDRESS-EXPLAIN Something SIMILAR TO THIS.

*wrong carpet measurements were sent to the warehouse.

what motivates you?

what are your strengths?

Why do you want to work as an inbound customer service assistant?
    gagan1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 08:47 PM
    How can I answer the most commonly asked interview question : "tell me about yourself"?
    Give me your reply with some sample answer...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Be sure to research the companies you are applying to so that you know what they do.

To answer, "tell me about yourself," don't go into details about your birth, childhood, first girlfriends, etc. Instead, talk about the skills you have and your accomplishments and how those things will help the company make money, become an even stronger company, and how you will save them money with your customer service skills, etc.
    CHLOE29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gagan1212
    how can i answer the most commonly asked interview question : "tell me about yourself"?
    give me ur reply with some sample answer.....
    Hi gagan,

Yes, that is the most commonly asked interview question indeed. And this is how you should answer it. Basically, what you have to do is "advertise" yourself as the best candidate for the position you apply for, enhancing the skills you have and the company NEEDS. Make them crave you!
    jules2222 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrron
    Customer Service Rep

During my employment at British Gas, my job role was as a CSR (Customer Service Representative). I had to deal with details of customers who had either joined or withdrawn their Gas and Electric accounts. I would cross reference their details from a variety of sources, checking direct with the customer themselves via the telephone.My main duties were to make sure that all the details of the customer's accounts were properly set and pre-checked before confirming them to the systems' database. Due to the nature of the work, which is working on the computer, I had to have the following skills:

Be able to make fast calculations
    Be able to use the workstation comfortably
    Be able to make reasonable and sensible decisions
    Be able to communicate fluently with the customers if necessary.

Power Point Electric

Communicate with suppliers and distributors
    Dealing with complaints
    Dealing with customer orders

I undertook many responsibilities, which concerned direct contact with the public as well as providing detailed information about numerous electronic products. I also developed good relationship with the customers by answering calls with regards to their opinions on the specific items they had purchased as well as handling any customer complaints, thus, resulting in their continued support for the company.

s.a.m carpets

At s.a.m carpets i dealt with customers who were placing orders by phone.I had to check if items were in stock, sumarize orders on an orderslip and convert measurements for carpet orders to the right metric unit.

----

In light of the work experiences mentioned above, how would i answer the following questions,

give me an example of when you have solved a problem at work

*CLIENTS DETAILS ON THE COMPUTER WERE INCORRECT CAUSING HIS POST TO GO TOAN INCORRECT ADDRESS-EXPLAIN SOMTHING SIMILAR TO THIS.

*wrong carpet measurements were sent to the warehouse.

what motivates you?

what are your strengths?

Why do you want to work as an inbound customer service assistant?
    You need to look at the 'competencies' required for the job, and have some specific examples with a start, middle and end of a story. The basics are to remember the STAR principle, Situation, Task, Action and Result. As long as you have at least one example for each competency, and you take those notes in the interview, you should be able to answer any question they throw at you. For example the problem at work, the example would be that a customers detailed were incorrect on the computer, you identified this, and what did you do to put it right, and what was the result. To have 'strong' answers you need to think of when you went out of your way and did something that was not part of your normal job. Hope this helps.
    jajupreetam Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Must Read the articles on Interview Questions for how to prepare for interview.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interview questions [ 1 Answers ]

I am interviewing for a I.T. Help desk position within my company. Where can I find interviewing question that would help me with this interview?

Interview questions [ 2 Answers ]

Why do you think The company should hire you?

Some Interview Questions - 1 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I would be thankful if you could provide me the solution to the following questions in C: 1. Given 2 files, f1 and f2 with thousands of name each. Find the common names in the two files. Extend this to 3 files. 2. Algorithm to count most user viewed pages. 3. Code to find dot and...

Interview questions [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need help answering the following questions: What do you think primary teachers should know in order to be effective in the classroom? The Primary National Strategy is based on the principles of excellence and enjoyment. Is it possible for a teacher when planning the curriculum to...

Interview questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have an interview and need to know some answers to these questions? 1. what do you think primary teachers should know in order to be effective in the classroom? 2. The Primary National Strategy is based on the Principles of excellence and enjoyment. Is it possible for a teacher when planning...

View more questions Search