Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monissa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 06:16 PM
    I have two cats one just had kittens, will my other cat hurt the new babies
    I have two cats, one of my cats just had babies, will the other cat try to hurt them. Should I keep my other cat away
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 06:29 PM
    The mother cat will protect her babies to the utmost, but there are times when she can't manage in a domestic environment. Yes, keep the other cat away, especially if it is male.
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

May 20, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Don't leave them together unsupervised but try holding the non-mom cat and introducing her to a kitten. Your cats could get along well with the litter but slow introductions are key.
    shao9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 10:11 AM
    What a lovely caring person you are wish there were a lot more like you in the world .xx
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Nov 7, 2011, 10:02 PM
    Thread is four years old. Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if this cat had kittens? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I am new here and I have been trying to find out some information about mother cats. I have recently started feeding a stray cat that seems to live in the woods behind my apartment building.She looks like she may have recently had kittens, but I have not seen them yet. I am not sure if she is...

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

My cat keeps trying to bring me her kittens [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering why my mother cat that gave birth 2 weeks ago is bringing me her kittens all the time? She has moved her kittens plenty of times and it seems like she wants them closer to me. Even when she went into labor, she jumped on the bed and woke me up at 1am. She now currently has them...

Cats and kittens [ 3 Answers ]

How can you tell when a cat has had kittens? What I mean is I recently got a 5 maybe 6 Year old cat from catflap and wondered if she has had kittens -

Introducing cats to kittens [ 1 Answers ]

I've got two 6month old ragdoll kittens a boy and a girl we've just introduced a two year old adult ragdoll cat female the adult is getting on OK with me but not with the kittens she hisses at them when they come near herbut they haven't had a fight have you got any ideas that might get them along...

View more questions Search