Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 05:35 PM
    How do I tell if my dog is pregnant
    :confused: how do I know if my losa opso is pregnant but has not been I heat in a wile she is getting fat and smells rely bad:confused:
    tigerfeather Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Apr 29, 2007, 05:44 PM
    You take your Lhasa to the vet where they do a pregnancy test. =) She would need pre-natal checkups anyway.

Dogs go into heat about every six months (this varies from dog to dog), so how long is "a while?" Does she seem uncomfortable with you touching her tummy? The fact that she smells bad is a red flag, and you should look into that. If she has a pelvic infection she could have smelly discharge and a swollen tummy.

If she's been around male dogs unsupervised while she was in heat, she's probably pregnant.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 06:53 PM
    The first answer is factually correct. What it doesn't mention that it is unacceptable not to give your dog proper care. If you haven't done the extensive research that must be done to breed quality dogs, you should have had her spayed. There is no excuse. Don't try to say you didn't know that. If you can't afford to spay/neuter your pet, you can't afford to have a pet. After all, the taxpayers can't afford to gather up and kill all the surplus pets irresponsible people allow to breed.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Comments on this post
    tigerfeather agrees: Although I totally agree with you, I'm not quite gutsy enough to respond like that. ;)

LOL tigerfeather. Give it time! When you have been around here long enough and see what people post, you will get as irritated and angered as labman and I do.

Good post labman! Couldn't have said it better myself! ;) Unfortunately, my rep rating is running slow and keeps throwing me out of the site at the moment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant chihuahua dog [ 2 Answers ]

My chihuahua dog is 8 and 1/2 yrs old and got pregnant by a mimituer poddle. Is she in any risk?

How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 miniature daschunds, my female was on heat and finished about 3wks ago now. We were trying to mate them, but every time I tried to help she would go shy and just want me. They were together all other times through her heat. So we don't know if he got to her or not it was both their...

Pregnant dog [ 1 Answers ]

How can I tell when my daschund is pregnant? For the last week she has been whining and seems to be uncomfortable but she doesn't seem to be gaining a lot of weight??

Pregnant Dog crying [ 2 Answers ]

Our dog is pregnant. We breed her on April 8th and now all of a sudden last night she was real uncomfortable and crying. If we talked with her or petted her she was fine. Tonight she started the same. She is eating fine. Isn't it a little early? Do you think the pups are just moving around and she...

Help with a pregnant female dog [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me the behaviour of a pregnant female dog, How they would act towards other dogs/females,

View more questions Search