Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jafryar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 09:06 PM
    Convert mdb vba
    How can I convert an Access mdb file to vba code?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 10, 2009, 05:39 AM

I'm sorry but that question makes absolutely no sense. I'm afraid you don't have any understanding of how VBA works within Access.

An MDB file is a container. It contains any or all of the main Access objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros and modules). Each of those objects are containers themselves that contain other Access objects.

Forms, reports and modules are containers that may or may not contain VBA code. VBA code is contained in class modules that are either attached to a form or report, or stand alone in a global module.

So there is no way to convert an MDB file to to VBA code since VBA code is a component of an MDB file.

So, I suspect you are asking a different question, but I'm not sure what it is.
    jafryar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Convert mdb to vba
    I never claimed to be an expert or anything else on this subject... I just was looking for some answers, not smartasses!! You people think you know everything and I'm tired of it! Can't you just answer the question the best way you can without haggling whether the person on the other end is or in not an expert?? (maybe your head is too big)

Well let me just ask the expert how does anyone convert a .mdb file to visual basic? That's all I want to know.
    KingsX Posts: 231, Reputation: 10

Oct 10, 2009, 07:45 AM

Are you serious? There are a lot of really helpful people on here that are doing this for free. It sounds like you are talking about a single person?

In my experience, and its been a while since I've used VB, I don't think you can just convert an access database into a VB program. I always used Access databases as back ends for my VB programs, but that's about it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 10, 2009, 08:17 AM
    First, I'm sorry if you took my response incorrectly. I was not being a "smartass" and I DID answer your question in the best way I could. I could have just left it that the question made no sense and ask you to rephrase, but I didn't. Instead, I explained to you how VBA works within MDB files and why your question didn't make any sense. Obviously you are not an expert in this area, but I can't answer a question when it makes no sense. And I left it open for you to rephrase your question.

Second, You had ONE post in this forum prior to my answer and you just joined recently. So I do not understand how you can trash the experts here if you have never been here?

Third, Please do not start a new thread for a follow-up question. I understand that you are new to this site, but it pays to browse through the FAQs before posting to learn how this sites works so you can make the most of it. To ask a Follow-up question please use the Answer This Question options. I have merged your threads for you.

Finally, despite your rudeness and insults, I will answer your question. There are third party tools that claim to be able to convert Access object to VB code. Googling convert mdb to VB found a few possibilities like this one:

Access Converter, VB Edition - One button conversion from Microsoft Access to VB.

You need to understand that VBA is a superset of VB and has commands, properties and collections that are not in VB. So I'm not sure how well an MDB file can be converted. But the site I listed offers a free trial.

One last point. I don't pretend to think I know everything. Which is why I said I couldn't understand your question. But, if there is one area where I have considerable expertise its with Microsoft Access. That expertise has been recognized by Microsoft with their MVP award. I think you owe this site and myself in particular, an apology for your rudeness and insults.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convert to .csv? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I convert excel extension to .csv? Thanks

How do I convert EAR to APR? [ 1 Answers ]

E.G. 150000principal PV 25 year amortization n=300months EAR 6.61% APR is 6.41% r nom is .534774 I understand how to get the EAR but am unable to convert to an APR. Can anyone help? thanks

Iso convert to mp4 [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to convert avi or iso farmat to MP4 formt would anyone know what is the best and easy solfware to do it. Please help. Thanks:mad:

How to convert? [ 1 Answers ]

Convert 1-methylcyclohexanol to 1-bromo-2-methylcyclohexane. Should I use HBr and peroxides?

View more questions Search