Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scrappydoll13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Frozen bank account
    Can a bank place a hold on or freeze an account without some type of judgement or court order in Maryland?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Hello scrappy:

No.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2007, 01:25 PM
    The only time a bank can place a hold on an account in any state, is if they recevie a court order ordering them to do so. Or, if they have permission based on a relationship with the account holder. Meaning that you own money to that bank and, when you borrowed the money the contract allowed them to take money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

My Dad's bank account has been frozen. He is unemployed and what ever funds he has in his account is for rent and medicine. I called the credit card company and they want $600. A month and $100. Thereafter. The total amount due is $1,200. My dad is willing to pay $50-$100 a month. But the attorneys...

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

A judgement was placed on me from a credit card company where I owed a little over $2,000. I had moved from where the original papers were sent and did not attend the court date. I have never received any new information regarding this action at my present address. However, after receiving money...

Frozen Bank Account [ 7 Answers ]

My bank account was recently frozen because of an outstanding credit card balance. I live paycheck to paycheck, I called the bank and they just said an order was put through and that there was nothing they could do. I called the number the bank gave me for the company that got the judgement. I...

Bank account frozen [ 1 Answers ]

I've read several questions on the topic of judgements from creditors freezing or levying bank accounts. Unfortunately, we received some very bad advice from a debt settlement company and allowed a judgement to be put on us. The debt is mine from being unemployed for an extended time but I was...

Frozen bank account [ 1 Answers ]

A judgement has my bank account frozen. Apparently the credit card company sued me after I moved and sent notices to my old address for 4 years. The debt collectors/bottom feeders told me the credit card company sent me a settlement offer in October 2006 to my old address. I never received any...

View more questions Search