Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kohoutek Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Jun 12, 2008, 04:31 AM
    Chlamydia timeline.
    I have just been diagnosed with Chlamydia after suffering from dyspareunia for about a year. At first I thought the pain was because I was on anti-depressants and really stressed after planning my wedding, and I just wasn't "in the mood" but when it continued after I felt emotionally better, I went and had a trans-vaginal scan which didn't find anything. The pain continued and I went to my GP again and had some swabs done which is how I found out I had Chlamydia.
    The question I want to know is how did I get it? My doctor couldn't be very specific other than it was obviously through intercourse. I've been with my current partner (my now husband) for 6 years, and immediately before that I was with my ex-boyfriend for three and a half years.

Is it possible I've had chlamydia for over 6 years and not known about it? Or is it possible my husband has had it since we began dating and hasn't known about it? If this is the case, why did I first start showing the symptoms a year ago and not 6 years ago when I would've caught the disease from him? My GP says that although asymptomatic, the symptoms generally do show at the beginning of the disease and then abate. So, that would suggest I only actually CAUGHT the disease a year ago. And this leads to the line of thought that, well I've not slept with anyone else... :(

Can anyone shed any light? I'm going to go to the STI clinic to get treated, but I could really do with some advice in the meantime.. :o
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Men can have the disease that they get from women. Men can then spread the disease to other women. If you want to really get rid of this disease your husband must be treated as well and you will both be free of the disease. If only one partner is treated the other can keep reinfecting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chlamydia from hot tub? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend 's friends girlfriend told me she has an std and she hasn't had sexual contact with any but her boyfriend, and he says he has not cheated, so I was wondering if it was possible for someone to get an std if they had no sexual contact with any one other then their partner? Mainly...

Chlamydia [ 8 Answers ]

I was just diagnosed with Chlamydia and am devastated!! I am married and have had the same partner for the past 6 years. Could I have had this and just not shown any symptoms before now? I was married before and he cheated on me and I left the relationship, but that was like 6 1/2 years ago! I...

Confused About Chlamydia [ 2 Answers ]

If a person has chlamydia, is it passed every time they have sex or is there a possibility that it might not get passed to someone else?

Chlamydia [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have posted on here before regarding that my now ex partner had been receiving masturbation from prostitutes. My last pap smear two months ago showed that I have the hpv virus. I got my other tests back today and I also have chlamydia, for which my doctor has given me antibiotics. My ex...

View more questions Search