Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    senn_18i Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 03:23 AM
    Different types of brownies and their recipes.
    Greetings!!

I'm interested in baking industry.I just want to ask if someone can help me to start my business plan (baking brownies) by giving a good and delicious recipe of different variety of brownies. I'm planning to sell baked brownies to our office and other offices... can u help me guys??

Thanks... :)

Nielsen Cagalingan
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 04:26 AM
    (Question is about finding recipes. So, it has been moved from the Home-Based Business topic area of this site to the Cooking topic area in order to get more exposure to the people who are more aptly able to answer the question.)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 04:42 AM
    Go to your library and get some cookbooks or else go online and look. Some tried and true cookbooks are the Taste of Home Baking Cookbook and Betty Crocker - just for starters.

If you cannot go there, check the net:
    brownie recipes - Google Search

Question - once you bake these brownies, how are you planning on selling them? Do you need to be licensed? Are you going to use your home kitchen? Are there any laws where you live that have codes you must follow? What about the Health Standards?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 12:20 PM
    These are my two all time favorite fudge recipes that are close to brownies

Death by chocolate recipes
    Box chocolate cake mix, 1 c. Kahlua, 4 boxes prepared chocolate mousse instant pudding, 4 Skor bars, broken up, 2 med. Size tubs Cool Whip

2. Chocolate Death
    1 Devils food layer cake, 1 Cool Whip, 1 pkg. chocolate mousse mix

3. Don Deluise's Famous Death By Chocolate Cake
    4 eggs, 1 c. sour cream, 1/2 c. water, 1/2 c. oil

4. Death By Chocolate
    1 pkg. chocolate cake mix, 6 Heath bars, crushed in Cool Whip & mixed, 2 pkgs. Instant chocolate pudding, 3 1/2 c. milk, 12 oz. Cool Whip, 1/2 c. Kahlua

5. Death By Chocolate
    1 box Duncan Hines fudge brownies, 2 pkgs. Jello chocolate mousse, 1/2 bag mini morsels, 6 Skors bars, chopped and crumbly, 2 lg. extra creamy Cool Whip

Doug's Sounding Board » Death by Chocolate (loads of chocolate recipes)

Hersheys cocoa fudge
    Rich Cocoa Fudge
    Ingredients:

* 3 cups sugar
    * 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
    * 1/8 teaspoon salt
    * 1-1/2 cups milk
    * 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
    1. Line 8-or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil.

2. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in heavy 4-quart saucepan; stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil. Boil, without stirring, until mixture reaches 234°F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water, forms a soft ball which flattens when removed from water. (Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan.)

3. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. DO NOT STIR. Cool at room temperature to 110°F (lukewarm). Beat with wooden spoon until fudge thickens and just begins to lose some of its gloss. Quickly spread into prepared pan; cool completely. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature. About 36 pieces or 1-3/4 pounds.

NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.

VARIATIONS:
    NUTTY RICH COCOA FUDGE: Beat cooked fudge as directed. Immediately stir in 1 cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts and spread quickly into prepared pan.

MARSHMALLOW-NUT COCOA FUDGE: Increase cocoa to 3/4 cup. Cook fudge as directed. Add 1 cup marshmallow crème with butter and vanilla. DO NOT STIR. Cool to 110°F (lukewarm). Beat 8 minutes; stir in 1 cup chopped nuts. Pour into prepared pan. (Fudge does not set until poured into pan.)

HIGH ALTITUDE DIRECTIONS:
    -- Increase milk to 1-2/3 cups
    -- Use soft ball cold water test for doneness OR Test and read thermometer in boiling water, subtract difference from 212°F. Then subtract that number from 234°F. This is the soft ball temperature for your altitude and thermometer.
    granmaboat Posts: 21, Reputation: 6

Jan 19, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Visit with Santa Claus at northpole.com

This is a grate site. Check it out
    Guest13 Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 7, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    These are my two all time favorite fudge recipes that are close to brownies

Death by chocolate recipes
    box chocolate cake mix, 1 c. Kahlua, 4 boxes prepared chocolate mousse instant pudding, 4 Skor bars, broken up, 2 med. size tubs Cool Whip

2. Chocolate Death
    1 Devils food layer cake, 1 Cool Whip, 1 pkg. chocolate mousse mix

3. Don Deluise's Famous Death By Chocolate Cake
    4 eggs, 1 c. sour cream, 1/2 c. water, 1/2 c. oil

4. Death By Chocolate
    1 pkg. chocolate cake mix, 6 Heath bars, crushed in Cool Whip & mixed, 2 pkgs. instant chocolate pudding, 3 1/2 c. milk, 12 oz. Cool Whip, 1/2 c. Kahlua

5. Death By Chocolate
    1 box Duncan Hines fudge brownies, 2 pkgs. Jello chocolate mousse, 1/2 bag mini morsels, 6 Skors bars, chopped and crumbly, 2 lg. extra creamy Cool Whip

Doug’s Sounding Board » Death by Chocolate (loads of chocolate recipes)

Hersheys cocoa fudge
    Rich Cocoa Fudge
    Ingredients:

* 3 cups sugar
    * 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
    * 1/8 teaspoon salt
    * 1-1/2 cups milk
    * 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
    1. Line 8-or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil.

2. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in heavy 4-quart saucepan; stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil. Boil, without stirring, until mixture reaches 234°F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water, forms a soft ball which flattens when removed from water. (Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan.)

3. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. DO NOT STIR. Cool at room temperature to 110°F (lukewarm). Beat with wooden spoon until fudge thickens and just begins to lose some of its gloss. Quickly spread into prepared pan; cool completely. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature. About 36 pieces or 1-3/4 pounds.

NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.

VARIATIONS:
    NUTTY RICH COCOA FUDGE: Beat cooked fudge as directed. Immediately stir in 1 cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts and spread quickly into prepared pan.

MARSHMALLOW-NUT COCOA FUDGE: Increase cocoa to 3/4 cup. Cook fudge as directed. Add 1 cup marshmallow creme with butter and vanilla. DO NOT STIR. Cool to 110°F (lukewarm). Beat 8 minutes; stir in 1 cup chopped nuts. Pour into prepared pan. (Fudge does not set until poured into pan.)

HIGH ALTITUDE DIRECTIONS:
    -- Increase milk to 1-2/3 cups
    -- Use soft ball cold water test for doneness OR Test and read thermometer in boiling water, subtract difference from 212°F. Then subtract that number from 234°F. This is the soft ball temperature for your altitude and thermometer.

Only ANSWER the question on this page here. Do NOT ASK a question.

You are NOT logged in.

I used the titles of your recipes as an example of all of the different types of brownies in my school report! Thanks! Any body got any other types?

You are NOT logged in.

You are NOT logged in.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 12:58 PM
    ANY brownie recipe can be made infinitely better by adding peppermint patties...

If you're making brownies in a 9X9 pan, buy the small peppermint patties. Pour half your batter in to cover the bottom of the pan. Place 9 unwrapped patties in equal distances from each other on top of the batter. Pour remaining batter over top. Bake as normal.

This makes your ENTIRE pan of brownies one big peppermint patty!

You can do this with virtually any bitesized candy bar as well... twix is good, too! :)
    CindyHenderson3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Honey-Carob Brownies

1/2 cup butter, melted
    1 1/4 cup honey & carob spread (from Israel Food, Challah Bread, Kosher Food Products From Israel at Holy Food Imports)
    2 large eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
    1.Preheat oven to 350*F
    2.Blend together melted butter, honey & carob spread in a bowl. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
    3.Add a sifted mixture of whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour into a greased 8-inch baking dish.
    4.Bake for 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
    Makes 15 bars.
    Recipe courtesy of Israel Food, Challah Bread, Kosher Food Products From Israel at Holy Food Imports
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 02:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    ANY brownie recipe can be made infinitely better by adding peppermint patties...

If you're making brownies in a 9X9 pan, buy the small peppermint patties. Pour half your batter in to cover the bottom of the pan. Place 9 unwrapped patties in equal distances from each other on top of the batter. Pour remaining batter over top. Bake as normal.

This makes your ENTIRE pan of brownies one big peppermint patty!

You can do this with virtually any bitesized candy bar as well... twix is good, too! :)
    I think that I will try that peppermint pattie thing, HC! It sounds delicious and I have never heard of adding them!
    cookie_cream Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 02:52 PM
    chocolate cookie dough brownies.

Take one pack of brownie mix
    *follow directions on box of making*
    then you put into a 9x9 baking pan
    then you take a scoop of cookie dough and place it on an area of the brownie push down so it seeps in a bit,
    then keep doing that putting the cookie dough in an even with enough space in between them,
    then bake
    TASTE GREAT you won't regret it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need recipe [ 2 Answers ]

Back in the early 70's I frequented a restaurant in San Francisco called "The Hippopatamus Burger". They had a desert that was to die for. It consisted of a battered deep fried banana section with a dip or two of vanilla ice cream and a sauce poured over the top. The sauce was the key...

Chocolate brownies [ 5 Answers ]

When we say "brownies", does that mean chocolate brownies? Or is there some other kind of brownies other than chocolate.

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Looking for a recipe. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. We're looking for a cabbage recipe that we once had that was made with shredded cabbage, farmer's cheese, and some other ingredients. It was made in a frying pan and was very much like a pierogi filling. Does anyone have any idea how to make this recipe? Thanks. Dave.

View more questions Search