Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugar-cube-2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2014, 02:11 PM
    Is it normal for your cartilage piercing to become crusty and swollen?
    I had my cartilage pierced on Tuesday with a needle at a proper piercing shop. I have been washing/cleaning it 3 times a day with a sea salt soak. It isn't sore until you touch it but it is getting a bit swollen and crusty. Im just wondering if this is normal, plus it isn't red all of the time it is just red when I knock it or after I clean it... Normal?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 19, 2014, 02:13 PM
    It is bound to get tender; you are doing everying correctly and keep on doing until it isn't tender. It is good it isn't red.
    sugar-cube-2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2014, 02:29 PM
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    It is bound to get tender; you are doing everying correctly and keep on doing until it isn't tender. It is good it isn't red.
    Thank you ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen cartilage piercing [ 10 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced about 5 months ago and recently it got snagged on my shirt. It was sore and swollen but now it's less sore but there is a major bump on the back of the piercing. Does that bump eventually go away? Should I remove the earring and let the hole close altogether?

My cartilage piercing is very swollen [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I just got my cartlidge pierced around 6 months or so ago and it was fine after I got it pierced but in the last few days it's been really sore and now it's all red and swollen here is a picture of just how bad it is http://tinypic.com/r/245n8lf/6 please I need help on what to do thanks

Upper cartilage piercing swollen [ 1 Answers ]

I got my piercing about two weeks ago, I was trying to take the backing off without taking the whole earring out, but it came out anyway. I but the earring back in, but when I woke up this morning it was throbbing and my ear is really swollen and red. I cleaned it with claire's ear solution and put...

Does your cartilage piercing get swollen? [ 2 Answers ]

I pierced my cartilage on Friday which was like 4 days ago but it's a little swollen I noticed it a little flat but I clean it alott during the day I clean it whenever I can but I want to know if the swelling will go down because I'm kind of worried about it

Is it normal for my ear to being swollen after a cartilage piercing? [ 0 Answers ]

My ear is swollen, red, and painful... I'm so nervous :(

View more questions Search