Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prady2581 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Mid-Level Career Path guidance
    hello all,
    I am new to this forum. Basically having total 9.5 years in IT, but I seek some urgent guidance to how proceed from here.

Myself. Initial 4 years = went in hardware/network and basic Windows related troubleshooting.
    Next 5 years = core exp in helpdesk operaations /lead team / Lead Technical Operations for IT Support service delivery/ Extensive exposure to ISP liasong, Project coordination/ Management reports/ Cisco basic setup.. / Meetings/ Performance / Mentoring/Motivating/ Building teams/

But now what.. ahead..

Will be glad if some can please guide me on this reguidance. I have heard somewhere, helpdesk or what we Service Desk.. word means totally waste.. they are being asked of everything and anything..

Will be glad if somebody could share their email address- for further discussions.. on one to one basis..

thanks in advance.

PM.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 02:50 AM
    Hello, prady2581!

Those of us who answer questions on a regular basis here answer them on the threads where the questions have been asked and not privately in any way so that others with similar questions might benefit by the answers that have been provided.

What is the reason that you are wanting to know about your future career, please? It sounds like you already have a lot of experience that would enable you to get a job. Did you lose your job or just wanting a change? Just guessing here... Please provide more information.

Thanks!
    prady2581 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hello, prady2581!

Those of us who answer questions on a regular basis here answer them on the threads where the questions have been asked and not privately in any way so that others with similar questions might benefit by the answers that have been provided.

What is the reason that you are wanting to know about your future career, please? It sounds like you already have a lot of experience that would enable you to get a job. Did you lose your job or just wanting a change? Just guessing here... Please provide more information.

Thanks!
    Hi Clough,
    Thanks for revert. Yes I have enough experience but looking for change for 2 reasons , there is v.much possibility of downsizing of strenghth, and secondly Iam really confused on my career path.

Yes Iam enough exp , it is more of Managing Technical Operations, Helpdesk operations, Extensive Liasoning, Management Reports & Meetings, Achieving targets, Strict Adherence..

I would like to know further after this what , means what Career Path should we take, what To project myself, on what areas should I enchance/concentrate on, Which relevant Certifications will help my career to forward. Should I take some classed on Hands-ons experiences on technologies of Microsoft servers,linux, ccna ,telecom...

Basically confusion in deciding where to go from here.. how to shape / how to shape it..

Your inputs and necessary guidance is awaited.
    Thanks in advance..

prady2581
    bossalinie Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 01:29 PM

Hi Prady
    You can research taking certain certification courses in Database administration, Windows Administration,UNIX administration which will hopefully widen your opportunities in the IT field and will take you to the next level.

Good luck
    himanshudevina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 10:31 AM

Hi Prady What about going for Project Management as you already nearly 10 years of expeience . You caboot go for role based jobs now. You can also pursue MBA .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career Path [ 1 Answers ]

I have one and a half year experience in Siebel Functional Testing plus 6 months internship in Siebel technology(completed a project during internship).Worked on CRM and PRM modules. What type of career prospects I have ?

IT - Career Path and Job Title [ 3 Answers ]

I strongly need your help!! I am in the process of creating the HR department for my company, so I am requested to include the career path for the IT consultants and IT Project Managers employee. They should be divided into 5 phases. i.e.: Receptionist => secretary => admin assistant =>...

Choosing career path [ 1 Answers ]

Help, I don't know what to do in my life. I'm a PhD student in math, but the program is long, and I feel I am moving slowly. Perhaps it's the name of the game, one needs patience for math... but I feel so stuck. And finding a job is even more confusing: there are many opportunities, banking,...

Confused about my career path [ 4 Answers ]

I didn't get to do the subjects that qualified me to go into the medical field and now I'm confused. Instead I ended up doing the arts and now I have to choose a career that matches the arts. So I have to now become a journalist or reporter and I don't really want to do that. I want to become...

View more questions Search