Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Wants a small weight loss but no dieting
    Hello,
    I weigh approximately 130 pounds ( no less but maybe a little more) now I don't see myself as overweight or big, I am 5'5.5" and I am twenty years old. I've been trying to loose a few pounds because I have belly fat that just won't seem to go away. I am quite a slim girl and this fatty tissue seems to only be in my midsection. I was wondering what I can do about this without dieting to loose weight. I cannot go jogging or running and walking has not seemed to make a difference. *bit of explanation for you* I can't go jogging or running due to doctors orders. I'm not even allowed to jump, skip or hop. (this even gets in trouble in other aspects of my life) exerting any constant pressure on one leg or the other puts me in quite a big amount of pain. This is because of a rock climbing accident when I was Much Much younger. I slipped and snapped most of my tendons and ligaments in my knees on the way down the cliff. Does anyone know what I can do to loose my belly fat and tone the rest of my body. I have a good amount of muscle still, in my legs arms and other areas because I ride horses but that seems to do nothing for the abdominal area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused: :confused:
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jun 22, 2007, 08:33 AM
    I am not a health expert of any sort. But what really makes an impact is in fact your diet (this DOES NOT mean that you have to stop eating) and of course exercise. Ok I am sorry I know you said no diet stuff and I'm not going to really tell you a diet persay but I'm going to give you a few tips then at the bottom a little exercise tips (what I do). What I mean about diet is not to stop eating or only eat certain foods, but in turn STOP eating certain foods, not all together but instead of getting a Sunday get something a little healther such as dark chocolate (not milk chocolate). Next on my list is water, water, water; stop drinking soft drinks as they are bad for you (I know that you said you didn't want a diet but I don't really see this as a diet) and fast food, instead of getting a mcdonalds hamburger, go get a hamburger that isn't processed; Fast food is REALLY fatty and not good for you (cept salads I have to say). If you want to get something fast go get a chicken wrap or something those are good. Ok now that that is out of the way, I KNOW I'm SRY YOU SAID NO DIET BUT THIS IS HALF OF WHAT TO DO, I would say just start on some crunches and sit ups lay on ones side and do a side sit up then lay flat on your back and lift your legs a little bit off the ground and your upper body off the ground (making a very wide V) and put the pressure on your lower part of your belly. This is what I do and it seems to work. Hope this helped.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I don't see what you said as being a diet. I meant the whole "DIET" thing.. there is a difference between eating healthy (which I do, I'm not a fan of fast foods) and the weird diets you see people trying and advertising on TV. You answered my post wonderfuly and for that I am glad thanks again! :):)
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jun 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
    No problem, again I am not a health expert but I know what I said is right :P. Sorry I kept saying this is not a diet blah blah blah lol I just didn't want you to be like arg I told you not to post about it and then you stop reading half way. I hope you get results and good luck :D
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Try these; Lay on your back, arms straight by your sides, legs straight, heels touching ground.
    Separate legs so there 18" apart, with legs straight raise both your left and right feet so there about 5" above the ground. Hold for a count of 50 or 1 minute. Let your feet rest on ground as in first position, repeat three times, work up to 10 X

Or: Lay down flat and straight on floor, with your heels touching the ground side by side, Now lift your heels 3" off the ground, with heels not touching ground, move your left and right leg out from the center to left and right as far as you can. Keeping heels up, bring left and right leg to center, DO not touch your heels to the ground. Repeat 10 times, take a break, for a few seconds by letting your heels rest on the ground and repeat.

These work pretty good when you have leg injuries and yet still help the abs tighten, Just make sure your diet really is mostly healthy whole grains, lean meats, fruits and veggies and excess sodium or sugar products, like soda cutback, and drink lots of water, smaller portions of healthy food will help burn excess body fat. Another quick idea, Make sure your getting 2-3 servings of lowfat dairy everyday, 1 cup cottage cheese, low fat yogurt, skim or low fat milk, calcium regulates energy metabolism, which increas fat breakdown and decreases the amount of body fat, Milk cheese (1 1/2 oz) and yogurt increase fat breakdown in fat cells. Hope this helps!
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Drinkn lots of water before you eat any meal, that'd help you reduce certain amount of food you will be eat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

Is walking for 30 minutes a day , doesn't hurt you ? Its hard to drop calories in exercising .

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I have been trying to loss weight for about 10 years now,I'am fit but get bigger at night time,I have found out that my weight on the scale is 205 pounds, I have never been this big before,yet I don't look it,please help me to find away to loss this fat on my muscle and get back to my size 7...

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

I used to be very thin probably too thin I was 6 1/2 stone at 18. I didn't eat very much at all because I liked the weight I was at and every time I put on weight I felt repulsive. I sort of got over this when I seen some photos and I went up to a healthy 9 1/2 stone (I am 5"4) I have recently...

Are there natural products that aid in Weight loss? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anything out there that helps with weight loss that is a "Natural" product? Please don't tell me about the "Self Control" pill or "Just stop eating" pill. I am grossly overweight and need to start on some kind of plan so I can slowly lose the extra weight over a year or so. Thanks...

Weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and about 5'3 and I weight about 117 pounds but I am a bit overweight I was wondering what I can do to lose it mainly in the stomach and thighs. I was also wondering want calorie intake is normal for my age (for no gain and no lose)?

View more questions Search