Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martuff70 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2004, 08:19 PM
    CPU usage at 100%
    My computer recently started to be very slow. I have a 800 mghz pentium. I'm running XP. I did a complete virus scan with Norton and found nothing. When I look at the processes, I can see the CPU is running at 100% most of the time. There's no specific file that is using all the power. Why is this happening?

Here's the log from HijackThis.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 11:11:19 PM, on 03/05/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
    C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Write DVD!\saimon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\vptray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsgSys.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskmgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Mario.MARIO-Y6PAEI5IU\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Userinit.exe
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CA8A9780-280D-11CF-A24D-444553540000} - C:\PROGRA~1\Adobe\ACROBA~1.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\pdf.o cx
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [Write DVD-R!] C:\Program Files\Write DVD!\saimon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\vptray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\.. \Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\.. \Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKLM\.. \RunOnce: [SsUninst] C:\DOCUME~1\MARIO~2.MAR\LOCALS~1\Temp\SS_UNI~1.EXE -d C:\PROGRA~1\ACCELE~1\StopSign\
    O4 - HKLM\.. \RunOnce: [ws_uninst] C:\DOCUME~1\MARIO~2.MAR\LOCALS~1\Temp\ws_uninst.ex e -s
    O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: AOL Instant Messenger (TM) (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
    O12 - Plugin for .pdf: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {2119776A-F1AD-4FCD-9548-F1E1C615350C} - http://www.stop-sign.com/pub/download/stop-sign_stp.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...730.7355902778
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/s...sh/swflash.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\.. \{BE9CB39E-D186-4587-B961-1A2A562D7B79}: NameServer = 165.154.140.31 165.154.140.32

psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

May 3, 2004, 09:31 PM
    CPU usage at 100%
    Anything using more than 25% or so CPU in the ctrl+alt+del process display?

Try running the command msconfig and see if anything suspicious seems to be being loaded.

:)

~psi42
    RT Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2004, 07:31 AM
    CPU usage at 100%
    I had the same problem once and it turned out to be my firewall.
    I didn't see it on your list of running processes but in my case it was vsmon.exewhich was pulling all my resources. That file is part of the ZoneAlarm firewall. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm then reinstalled it and the problem was resolved.

Hope this helps you.
    rimsey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2005, 02:51 PM
    CPU usage at 100%
    You may also need to go into your list of serivces and disable services that are not needed
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 12, 2005, 11:43 AM
    CPU Usage at 100%
    My PC started to slow down before xmas,and after getting rid of old and no more used programs,it still behaved sluggish,even though I had 512mb DDR RAM,and a 100GB hard drive! After defragmenting in safe mode,I had a brain wave and removed Microsoft Office Professional 2004.All 247mb of it.My PC now runs like Michael Schumaker,and everything works like new.I now have another good,low key office app.which only uses 20mb of hard drive space.I'm not suggesting you remove Microsoft Office,but for me,my solution worked.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 12, 2005, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    My pc started to slow down before xmas,and after getting rid of old and no more used programs,it still behaved sluggish,even though I had 512mb DDR Ram Memory,and a 100GB hard drive!! After defragmenting in safe mode,I had a brain wave and removed Microsoft Office Professional 2004.All 247mb of it.My pc now runs like Michael Schumaker,and everything works like new.I now have another good,low key office app.which only uses 20mb of hard drive space.I'm not suggesting you remove Microsoft Office,but for me,my solution worked.
    When you install MS Office, it places a "quicklauncher" in your Start-Up menu. This little quicklauncher loads large parts of MS Office on bootup, greatly increasing startup time after you log in to the point where you can actually accomplish something. While this does speed up the startup of office applications, it slows down login time and uses resources.

By the way, I use OpenOffice.org.
    jcopeland Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2005, 12:25 PM
    Here what to do
    remove these lines using hijack this

O4 - HKLM\.. \RunOnce: [SsUninst] C:\DOCUME~1\MARIO~2.MAR\LOCALS~1\Temp\SS_UNI~1.EXE -d C:\PROGRA~1\ACCELE~1\StopSign\
    O4 - HKLM\.. \RunOnce: [ws_uninst] C:\DOCUME~1\MARIO~2.MAR\LOCALS~1\Temp\ws_uninst.ex e -s
    O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe

acrotray does not need to load on boot. Also stopsign does not need to be on your system. Go to www.download.com and get a piece called webroot spysweeper and run it on your system. Also 100% CPU can also have to do with explorer.exe taking up to many cpu threads. You can see if this is the case by doing these steps

1. Ctrl + Alt + Del
    2. end task on explorer.exe
    3. relaunch it by clicking on file>new task>type in explorer.exe and it should bring it all back. Let me know if this helps.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 15, 2005, 12:07 PM
    CPU Usage at 100%
    This refers to users of Windows 2000.According to Microsoft,when your PC is running on battery power,it may experience a period of high processor utilization.Processor usage may reach 100%.This is because Windows 2000 is polling the BIOS for the power status,but is not getting the data that it expects.This puts the PC in a high-processor-utilization state.
    Microsoft reckons the solution is to obtain the latest Windows 2000 service pack.The original article outlining this was Q257278.
    Obviously the above statement is not relevant to everyone,as 100% CPU usage may vary from PC to PC,including hardware,software,personal configeration,and operating systems.I just hope it's helped in the equation.
    cheers,
    Nez :)
    clarky1062 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2005, 01:36 PM
    AcroRd32.exe
    Right so I have a problem with Acrobat. A while back I was using a particularly large file, right as I was opening it, I put my laptop down on a desk and hit the corner of the desk. Acrobat froze and the processor went to as nearly 100% as my computer would let it go. Now I have an IBM T42 which is supposed to have a shock system that locks the hard drive when it detects the computer moving. I figure hey I was moving too slowly and it didn't register, so I scratched my drive. I run a hard disk check, comes up clean. I bring it to my help desk at my university that has a much more thorough hard disk checker, also says no scratches. So I figure it messed up something with acrobat. I uninstalled and reinstalled several time, no go. I went to OldVersion.com and got some old versions of acrobat, no dice on them either. I figure hey maybe there is a bad sector the scan isn't picking up, and every time I reinstall acrobat, its looking for a gap in memory that's XX in size and is finding the same hole I just made in uninstallation. So I defragmented my hard drive, then reinstalled. I still got nothing.
    Someone told me there was a new 7.0 out, so I went and got that. Here is the thing, I can open up 1 pdf document (farther than I have gotten on any of my prior attempts) however after I close it, the acrord32.exe stays in my processes list (which I think it is supposed to) and exponentially increases my cpu usage until it maxes out, and also takes up my PF mem usage till that maxes out and I cannot save anything or click on anything. Of course I end the process in the task manager to prevent this, however I cannot reopen acrobat after that, all that happens is the bad part with the process usage and PF usage and it doesn't even open the pdf. Then I have to uninstall and reinstall 7.0 only to see another one, once. If any of you have any ideas, please in the name of god help me. All my campus's help desk could say was I should save what's important and reformat my drive. Of course that is their solution to everything. Please let me know what you can do.

Ryan

"I make it my business to know a little bit about everything" Donald Sutherland - Hollow Point
    JackdawFool Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2005, 05:29 PM
    Here is the thing, I can open up 1 pdf document (farther than I have gotten on any of my prior attempts) however after I close it, the acrord32.exe stays in my processes list (which I think it is supposed to) and exponentially increases my cpu usage until it maxes out, and also takes up my PF mem usage till that maxes out and I cannot save anything or click on anything. Of course I end the process in the task manager to prevent this, however I cannot reopen acrobat after that, all that happens is the bad part with the process usage and PF usage and it doesn't even open the pdf.
    I have the same problem. You described it very well. The only thing I would add is that a reboot brings the machine back to the state where 1 pdf can be opened.

I'm running a clean install of windowsXP professional SP2 with all updates.
    JackdawFool Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2005, 05:49 PM
    Found the solution to acrobat prob
    See here: http://torque.oncloud8.com/archives/000151.html

Acrobat ends up with 65,535 Acrxxxx.tmp files in your temporary directory and loses its mind:
    Documents and Settings\[user profile]\Local Settings\Temp

I deleted the temp files and it works fine now. Must be some bug with acrobat causing it...
    krazy_alzan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2005, 04:03 PM
    I'm having a problem with explorer.exe taking up 100% of the cpu. It usually happens when I start my laptop and lasts for approx 20 min until it lowers. Sometimes it begins to peak again. I want to find the prob because the cooling fan is starting to annoy me. And my comp is 2.2 Ghz and I have plenty of ram so I don't know why or what explorer.exe is using so much of the cpu.
    sylviab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2005, 07:16 PM
    Acrobat problem too
    I had Acrobat 6, then 7 running fine on my computer. Then, my company installed a VPN and Antivir (Antivirus). I am now having the same problem. Tried everything, uninstalling, reinstalling. CPU is at 100%, Acrobat starts to distill and freezes. I can also open Acorbat once and that is it. :confused: When trying to distill, it is doing it but it stops during the saving output process. It says the file is ready and I can see the pdfs in my start menu but they are not saved! CPU is at 100%. AVGUARD.EXE (I was told that it was part of the Antivir antivirus, or is it?) is at 70%. When killing Acrobat acrodist, and acrotray, AVGUARD is at 0!! Is Avguard.exe a virus? Is this what is causing the problem?? Can someone help? BTW, I am using XP.

Thanks,

SB
    sylviab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2005, 09:18 PM
    More...
    I also found out all I got after creating a pdf was a temp file.
    I ran every antivirus anti-spyware possible.
    aarontruong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2005, 11:44 AM
    I Can Help You
    I see that you have some spywares on your task manager. You will need to clean your computer using a spyware cleaner such as Microsoft Anti-Spyware or Adaware Se. Both of them are my favourite spyware cleaner. Please get rid of that Norton Anti-Virus it will do you no good toward Viruses it can't detect most viruses that other Anti-Virus can. I suggest using Kaspersky Anti-Virus I find that it's the best Virus protection you will need.

This is what I do to get a good clean computer

1. Check for Viruses using Kaspersky Anti-Virus

2. Check for Spyware using Microsoft Anti-Spyware or Adaware SE

3. Clean out my Registry using Registry Mechanic v5.0

4. Checking Hard Drive for Errors by going into my computer right clicking hard disk, selecting properties and clicking on tools tab and click on check disk for errors.

5. Last thing is Defragament your Computer and that should take care of your cpu problem

I Hope that Help you

Aaron Truong - Computer Technician
    rupert2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2006, 08:58 PM
    explorer 100% cpu
    This will fix it:

The obnoxious bug in XP that causes Explorer to read the entire contents of broken AVI files before allowing any access to them is caused by bad behavior of shmedia.dll.

This problem manifests itself by causing Explorer to read the entire contents of an AVI file, regarless of its size or location any time the mouse pointer is hovered over it, or an attempt is made to access it in windows explorer. This causes 'permission denied' errors when trying to simply move, copy or delete these files as they cannot be changed while Explorer has an open handle on them.

This also causes a DoS situation where large AVI's are stored on remote shares and Explorer keeps reading the files from beginning to end each time they are accessed.

To correct this misbehavior in Windows XP, remove the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{87D62D9 4-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32

This will prevent Explorer from loading shmedia.dll in response to file property queries on these files. This will not effect your ability to play files, get file attributes, or even view thumbnails. Say goodbye to all explorer.exe 100% CPU issues.

And Solution #2 (basically does the same thing, except you are inactivating the file attributes option)... But it WORKS--No more locked .avi files:

Well windows seem to have a REALLY big problem when it comes to reading AVI files. It seems that when you click on an AVI file in explorer, it'll try to read the entire AVI file to determine the width,height, etc. of the AVI file (this is displayed in the Properties window). Now the problem with Windows is that if you have a broken/not fully downloaded AVI file that doesn't contain this info, Windows will scan the entire AVI file trying to figure out all these properties which in the process will probably cause 100% CPU usage and heavy memory usage.

To solve this problem all you have to do is the following:

1. Open up regedit
    2. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAs
    sociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler
    3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}"

Please note that this will no longer provide you with the windows properties displaying the AVI file information such as width, height, bitrate etc. But it's a small price to pay for saving you resources.
    mrtipsy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 03:46 PM
    Thanks aarontruong I also had this 100% cpu problem when I opened internet explorere I ran ad aware se which I had but never really used, and what do you know problem solved, it also solved a problem I had with my task manage before it had no border on it or the top menus only open and close it nothing else but know its back, yeah! Thanks aarontruong and ad-aware se personel :) :) :) :) :)
    RootLevel Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Mar 11, 2006, 02:32 PM
    I have the same prob, but I have mostly .mpg files. My dvr records movies in this format. And whenever I go the folder they are stored in my comp hangs. Have to end explorer.exe in task mgr and then restart it to correct. Any advice?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 11, 2006, 08:38 PM
    If explorer.exe is taking time to render AVI file for preview, this link has two fixes that can be used:
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/lofive....php/t884.html
    myswagg Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 08:37 PM

I also have a high CPU issue.
    here is my hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 10:35:28 PM, on 12/1/2009
    Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3504)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
    C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
    C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    C:\Windows\vVX3000.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Vision\NeroVision.exe
    C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = MSN.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = MSN.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Bing
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = MSN.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {03402f96-3dc7-4285-bc50-9e81fefafe43} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
    O2 - BHO: AIM Toolbar Loader - {b0cda128-b425-4eef-a174-61a11ac5dbf8} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: MegaIEMn - {bf00e119-21a3-4fd1-b178-3b8537e75c92} - C:\Program Files\Megaupload\Mega Manager\MegaIEMn.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {61539ecd-cc67-4437-a03c-9aaccbd14326} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [VX3000] C:\Windows\vVX3000.exe
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [LifeCam] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeExp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray
    O4 - HKLM\.. \Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
    O4 - HKLM\.. \RunOnce: [Uninstall Adobe Download Manager] "C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_Helper.dll",Uninstall /IE2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7 /Get1noarp
    O4 - HKCU\.. \Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\.. \Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\.. \RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\.. \Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\.. \RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG8 Firewall (avgfws8) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgfws8.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
    O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 4.0 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Nero BackItUp 4\NBService.exe

--
    End of file - 5289 bytes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explorer.exe at 100% CPU Usage Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

When I'm on my laptop explorer.exe starts to use 100% of the CPU and I can't figure out y. It lasts about 10-20 minutes form when I start the computer and occasionally lowers then peaks again to 100%. I really need to figure this out because the cooling fan comes on and its really starting to get...

Pf usage [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering why my pf usage sky-rockets every time I open a specific folder. This folder is used to store all my Utorrent downloads. My system runs at about 375mb (pf usage) when hardly worked, then when I open this folder (named Downloads) 5 seconds later the pf usage goes up to 500mb then...

Electric Usage [ 8 Answers ]

I live in an older residential neighborhood that has overhead pole transformers. For several years now I have been trying to figure this out. My neighbor has an increasingly grown manufacturing shop on his residential property (MU Zoned). When his shop is running at full load, My electric...

CPU Usage Remains at 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, I discovered the CPU usage on one of my PCs will not fall below 100%. I've attempted everything I can think of to resolve the issue, including: - Running Ad-Aware SE - Performing an online scan from Trend Micro - Performing an online scan from Panda Software - Running Registry...

CPU Usage @ 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I log onto the Internet, my CPU usage goes from like 2% to 100%. Once the page loads, it dies back down, but then when I click a link and try to load another page it goes back to 100%. Plus, the Comcast logo spins, then stalls, then spins, then stalls until the page loads. It never...

View more questions Search