Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wtfury Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Ok, enough is enough!

Thanks for responding to the question. I'll send all the info to my daughter. She's the one interested in supplementing her income. I didn't mean to start a war of words here and I apologize that people are getting so argumentive with the pros and cons.

All I wanted was some good solid information as to how much money it would cost her to start, and if the business was legit. But since my question has "not" been answered I withdraw it.

I understand quite well how business works in the free enterprise system. There is always an investment to start up and I just wanted to know about how much she would have to pay... She works in the medical field and has a one year old at home, so her funds are limited. Thanks again for the posts and like I said, I'll forward them to her so "she" can decide.
    With that in mind: Please close this discussion. Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfury
    There is always an investment to start up and I just wanted to know about how much she would have to pay.
    If she starts her own business and controls every aspect of it. Consider this: when you've accepted a job in a company, when was the last time you had to pay anything upfront to another person?
    merletweb Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    If she starts her own business and controls every aspect of it. Consider this: when you've accepted a job in a company, when was the last time you had to pay anything upfront to another person?

Not everyone should start their own business. Some belong in a job. No responsibilities, no money up front, no freedom to decide when they should work, no freedom as to when they get a raise, no freedom to work with the people they want to work with, no freedom from a boss, no freedom to make as much money as you want.

The company you work for didn't start without paying up front. In a job you climb the ladder of success, your boss owns the ladder. In the end we all have to decide where we want to be. All businesses, to include MLMs, require money up front. With a job you pay later. Retirement with an income well below your base income from your job. Either decision isn't wrong. It's just what the person want to do. Simple as that. If you don't like the idea of owning your own business then don't own one! Now that was easy wasn't it?
    nogetrich Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Another MLM, sure some people can make money, but when the well runs dry, the last people in are toast! Some people want to badger friends, family, and anyone that will listen hence the numerous Rah Rah meetings. For me, it's about ethics as well as the dirtiness of asking people to join a MLM.

As far as the big mega companies that have partnered up, with competition so great for cellular and satellite providers, they would gladly provide a commission to people who can convince others to switch from DTV to Dish or from Sprint to Verizon or whatever it is, does that make the business legitimate? Not in my book, the theme and basis of making the money is to recruit other people, for some people that's okay, for me, that's not. This is nothing more than another legal MLM scam! Some people will make money of course, but I would try to do it without having to risk losing relationships with friends and family.

Sep 18, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nogetrich
    Another MLM, sure some people can make money, but when the well runs dry, the last people in are toast! Some people want to badger friends, family, and anyone that will listen hence the numerous Rah Rah meetings. For me, it's about ethics as well as the dirtiness of asking people to join a MLM.

As far as the big mega companies that have partnered up, with competition so great for cellular and satellite providers, they would gladly provide a commission to people who can convince others to switch from DTV to Dish or from Sprint to Verizon or whatever it is, does that make the business legitimate? Not in my book, the theme and basis of making the money is to recruit other people, for some people that's okay, for me, that's not. This is nothing more than another legal MLM scam! Some people will make money of course, but I would try to do it without having to risk losing relationships with friends and family.
    A "legal scam"?? Since when are scams legal? We just had Intel lay off 1,500 people from a local plant. Let me tell you, that guys at the top of that company made lots of money. Sure some people can make money working for Intel but when the well runs dry, the last people are toast! Just ask those 1,500 people that lost their jobs! But the people at the top made all the money. Sound familiar?? Does that make Intel a scam too? Of course not. Just because you don't agree with a business model doesn't make it a scam. It's just not for you. Hey, that's OK. I wouldn't want you in my business because It's not for you, simple as that.
    shello Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 11:58 PM
    I have an important question for you. In doing research on "Success from Home" magazine it seems that every issue is devoted to one At Home/MLM company only. This seems odd to me. Can you confirm then that your organization simply purchased and produced the issue you speak so highly of? Because that is what I was gathering from the sypnosis' I read on each issue.

If the above is true, then your touting of this magazine might be a little misleading.

Sep 19, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by merletweb
    A "legal scam" ???? Since when are scams legal? We just had Intel lay off 1,500 people from a local plant. Let me tell you, that guys at the top of that company made lots of money. Sure some people can make money working for Intel but when the well runs dry, the last people are toast! Just ask those 1,500 people that lost their jobs! But the people at the top made all the money. Sound familiar???? Does that make Intel a scam too? Of course not. Just because you don't agree with a business model doesn't make it a scam. It's just not for you. Hey, that's ok. I wouldn't want you in my business because It's not for you, simple as that.

Avoid any MLM plan that includes commissions for recruiting additional distributors.

Be cautious of plans that claim you will make money through continued growth of your recruits the commissions on sales made by new partners rather than through sales of products you make yourself.

Avoiding MLM Scams beware of plans that claim to sell miracle products or promise enormous earnings. Just because a promoter of a MLM plan makes a claim does not mean it is true. Ask the promoter of the plan to substantiate claims with hard evidence.

To avoid MLM Scams beware of references that may be setups or even friends paid by a plan's promoter to describe their phony success in earning money through the plan.

Do not sign any contracts in any high-pressure situation. Insist on taking your time to think over a decision to sign or to join. Talk it over with a third party maybe your business partner, or a knowledgeable friend, or lawyer.

Do your Due Diligence or research on all MLM Programs you are considering. Investigate with your local Better Business Bureau (BBB) about any plan you're considering, especially when the claims about the product or your potential revenues seem too good to be true.

Bottom line is does anyone want to make a living at trying to recruit family and friends? The comparison with Intel laying people off is ridiculous, there's no way to sugar coat it, it's MULTI-LEVEL! Forcing members to buy products to stay as a upline manager?

Hey did the intel employee ever have to pay $299 to get the job? I didn't think so!
    You got suckered into the program hook line and sinker and now because it's your new business of suckering others, you get offended by someone throwing the truth in your face! It's a MLM, have you ever heard of scamway? Do you know what people perceive other people who are in these scams? Scammers! Go call your mother, father, brothers, sisters, cousins, godfather, cousins, dentist, doctor, neighbors, etc.. And go invite them to your scam meeting, what fun!
    They will be looking at you as scum! People who get into these scams are always looking for the quick buck, finding and recruiting and convincing others that this is a "honest" way to get rich quick.
    A total joke!

Sep 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
    The federal government has ruled on the difference between MLM and a pyramid scheme: The difference, they say, is that pyramid schemes expect a high buy-in with emphasis on signing others up while MLM actually has products that are sold.

If you say to someone that you're in MLM, you'll get one of two reactions: They either love MLM themselves and buy into the business model, or they hate it. Those who love it see the potential upside. Those who hate it have either been burned in the past or are sick of friends hounding them with a “new business opportunity.”

It's true, MLM does not have a great rap with some. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. The theory behind Network marketing is strong: Relational and word-of-mouth business building has always been one of the strongest ways to build business. Most traditional-style (that is, non-MLM) business owners will tell you that the best customers are the ones who were referred through word-of-mouth from satisfied customers.

So why does MLM have such a bad rap?

The main reason is that, although MLM companies do offer a variety of products (usually good products at reasonable prices), many MLM marketers see the possibility of making more money with their "downline" (the people they sign up who will sell products and share a cut of the profits) than with actually selling products. And, for the most part, many MLM companies spend more time encouraging their new recruits to build the downstream rather than sell products.

I know people who have not been successful with MLM. And, I know people who earn a living (not "get rich quick" but actually earn a living) with MLM. Frankly, the ones who were not successful tried to do it as a sideline to their regular job and spent more time trying to find additional recruits. The ones who earned a living – who were successful – did so by not placing such a priority on the downline and rather spent their energy and focus on selling products. Which is how a business makes money.

And if that's the case – if the successful ones are the ones who are selling the products, not building a downstream – then they are simply independent sales people with a catalog of products. But success with that method requires some sweat.

Is MLM a scam? No, it's not. Unfortunately some people who are not willing to put in the sweat equity required to make a business successful give it a bad name. Sure, there are bad MLMs out there just like there are bad car dealerships. Are all car dealerships bad because a handful are? I think not.

As for employees not having to pay $299 to get a job that what the difference it. MLM is a business not a job. Don't worry, this is a very common mistake that people make. Starting any business involves an investment.

This is far from "new" for me and actually I don't get offended when someone expresses their opinions about it. I know what I'm doing, I'm making money and I don't have to use lies to lure people into my group. In fact I don't try to change their minds if they don't like it. My intent in this forum is to show readers that Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing (the subject of this thread) is a legit business. If you choose to believe otherwise that's fine with me.

I agree that before joining any MLM/Network Marketing company you should do your homework first. This industry is not a get-rich-quick scheme and I recommend one should stay away from any company that promises quick riches. It's taking me time to get where I am and I make that very clear to anyone I talk to about the business.

I do this full time and enjoy the freedom that the businesses affords me. I don't have to ask anyone for a day off or a raise. I don't have to settle for a 2% raise and then watch the cost of living go up by 5% at the same time. Hey, if this isn't for you that great! Showing up to a job every day, that's not for me!

Sep 21, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Calling and pestering everyone I know to get them to do the same thing is NOT FOR ME!

Not to mention that you are immediately classified as a "MLM" type of person. NOT FOR ME!

I am sure there a few that can convince or find people willing to recruit and you can make money, but guess what, it's NOT FOR ME!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2007, 11:48 AM
    So why does MLM have such a bad rap?
    Because a lot more people lost money than made money.
    skrncoug87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing (FHTM) is a legit company. It's been in business for seven years and continues to grow faster each year. It's a network marketing company. This concept has been around for over 50 years and has made many people very wealthy.

There is an investment since you are starting a business not being hired for a job. My wife and I have been in the business for over a year and we can testify to the fact that the business works if you work the business. Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. The company provides training and mentoring. You don't just join and get left on your own. We hold their hands until they can work the business on their own and even then we're still available to help them if they need us.

I strongly recommend this company. Let's get real here, would companies like Dish Network, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Disney, GE, etc. partner with a company this isn't legit? Those companies are Fortune 500 companies with a huge legal staff. They have looked into FHTM in extreme detail before partnering with FHTM.

>Website Linked REMOVED<

Yea that's the same line they pitched to me when I signed up (by the way it was a mistake) buh yea as far as is it legit?? Yes it is... will they pay you.? Yes they will... buht the only thing is if u're upline was like mine then yea fat chance u'll get helped at all... oh yea whoever the fortune rep is I set the denver record to get promoted the fastest to rsm so yea I know OK... buh yea... that's besides the point... the point is the reward is not worth what you put into it... it might be for like 2% of the people who join and for them congratulations but for the rest of us it's just a waste of time and money...
    ReeRee1966 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Hello. I happened upon your question and thought I throw my 2cents in. I recently became a rep for Fortune. I have a legal background so before I just "up and signed" I checked into the company. They are in good standing with the BBB in Kentucky. They have no complaints filed against them. They have a 3.8 rating with Dunn & Bradstreet. I checked with the Secretary of State's office in my state and there is nothing bad about them. I was told by the SOS's office that before a company is allowed to do business in our state (or any state) they (the SOS's office) must review a business layout, informing them of what the company is, what they do, etc. and then it's either approved or not. If it isn't they aren't allowed to operate inside our state. I learned what I could about them and between that and just plain common sense decided to become a Fortune Rep. Honestly, do you or anyone for that matter, really think that a Fortune 500 Company such as AT&T, Dish Network, Disney, GE, etc. etc. would do business with a company if they weren't legit? My advice... join Fortune with your daughter so you both can make money together. Good luck. ReeRee :)
    crazymom101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 05:21 PM
    That is not entirely true, I checked on the BBB site and it says: Number of complaints processed by the BBB over the last 36 months: 21
    Number of complaints processed by the BBB in the last 12 months: 6
    Go to Business Information from the BBB Serving Central and Eastern Kentucky to check for yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fortune telling [ 2 Answers ]

I'm totally intrigued by this page. Can anyone claim to foresee other peoples futures from their posts? If so I would love to hear what anyone can tell me about myself. I'm willing to answer any questions

Can I make my own fortune [ 2 Answers ]

I have always wondered,with karma going around, that can we make and predict our own fortunes. . I'm from south africa and most people here do that through their ancestors and the elders of the family. . But is it really possible to control your own destiny in your own hands given you make the...

Regarding m.tech [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This is anand .My gate rank is 711 in eee department.I have obc reservation also. Can I get admission in iits?Is there any site which gives number of obc candidates before this rank.If there is achance for admitting into iits to which iits I need to apply? Kindly forward this...

M.Tech [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently completed AMIE in Mechanical. I want to do M.Tech through distance education. Please suggest me the universities in India that are offering the same. Waiting for your reply.. Thanks, Prasad P.D

Fortune tellers predictions. [ 6 Answers ]

A fortune teller once said to me, that I will travel a lot, and will get married and have two boys. Well the only truth is that I married, the other two haven't happened. Another fortune teller told me that I :) would also have 2 boys. Does anybody believe in fortune tellers? Or did anybody get a...

View more questions Search