Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr. Geek Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 06:33 PM
    Will downloading itunes onto my laptop slow it down?
    I have itunes on my normal computer but I would like to put it on my laptop because I rarely use my normal computer cause its so slow... so I was wondering if I downloaded itunes onto my laptop will it slow it down or not? I plan to also use the new home sharing thing so I can move all the music on itunes on that computer to this one...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 4, 2010, 12:03 AM
    Does iTunes cause your desktop to slow down ?
    Sounds like you need to run some maintenance on it, there are some tips here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/comput...rs-233870.html

iTunes shouldn't be the cause of slow down on your desktop or laptop.
    Mr. Geek Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2010, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Does iTunes cause your desktop to slow down ?
    Sounds like you need to run some maintenance on it, there are some tips here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/comput...rs-233870.html

iTunes shouldn't be the cause of slow down on your desktop or laptop.
    I don't know... I have no knowledge of things like that... there's probably a bunch of things slowing it down. I was just wondering if that was one because I don't want to screw up my laptop
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 08:41 AM

iTunes will slow down computer to a small extent. The older the hardware, the more noticeable it will be. Generally that isn't the root cause of slow downs, but there cases where it can be a significant factor.
    georgemguitarist Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2010, 05:09 PM

In short, yes, every program you install will slow your PC. You need to decide if that program is worth it.
    Computerguy20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2010, 03:46 PM
    I am using a loaner laptop computer that I got from one of my church prayer group leaders. He said that itunes might slow it down.

So I just need some more basic information to see if it will really slow it down at all. Thanks for all of your help in the meantime.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 04:43 PM

Well without knowing the specs and exactly what's already on the laptop we can't decide for you if it will slow it down or not.

My best advice is too try it and see what happens.You can always take it off if it isn't running like you like!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the Function key to off my Dell laptop display while downloading from interne [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a Dell laptop last few weeks. I try to download something from internet, but too bad I don't know how to off the monitor while the download still running. Anybody can help?

Laptop is not downloading external links [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop is not downloading external links, it starts the download and then gets stuck in between... nothing happens it stays e.g at downloaded 14 % for hours and hours.. But if I download using vpn.. it becomes very slow but gives no difficulty in downloading. Can someone help please?

Can't run Quicktime and Itunes on Laptop [ 5 Answers ]

Hi anyone, I have problem running Quicktime and Itunes softwares on my laptops even though I download and run the setups on my laptop, they still won't work. Can anyone help. I have an urgent need for the quicktime software for my animation school project:o.

Problems with NEW laptop ? Built in webcam and itunes ? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi :) . Recently I've been having troubles with my laptop . Well its not really the laptop that is giving me troubles . I have a built in webcam and whenever I send it it seems to cause my msn live messenger to freeeze than have about 3 minutes of freezing than it says it couldn't connect you to...

View more questions Search