Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2017, 09:15 AM
    Propane Tank Faulty Gauge?
    We have 2 / 420lb. Propane Tanks that Fuel the Furnace.. Last Dec 21/16 was the First Top of the Season.. I checked the Tank Gauges same day they were topped up, First Tank read 83% , 2nd Tank couldn't find the Needle? Now today as I checked the Tanks , First Tank reads 70%.. 2nd Tank still can't find the needle , was thinking because he went over 80% on the First Tank maybe same for 2nd... Could the Gauge be Faulty?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 5, 2017, 09:42 AM
    Sure - do you own them or does the supplier?
    Trouble is, the delivery guys all top off at about 80% unless someone wasn't watching, but that's rare. I suppose he could have filled it 100%. It's not a concern like it is in summer.
    Also did they write the % on the slip?
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2017, 03:09 PM
    @ Joypulv... Their Rentals, a decent Flat Rate charge.. 10-4 on their Responsibility to Fix if need be.. This is the 1st time in 3 yrs the lad has gone over 80% , most times it would be 78%.. Should be good till 1st week of February, Supplier asked that I'd call for Top Ups when Gauges reach 20% each time...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 5, 2017, 05:31 PM
    That is standard in the states too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am switching Propane Gas suppliers and need the underground propane tank removed [ 2 Answers ]

We built our house in 2000 and siged an agreement with AGWAY to supply us Propane and they agreed to provide us an underground tank for free if we purchase gas from them for (1) year. AGWAY is no longer in business and was bought out by SUBURBANE PROPANE. When we questioned SUBURBANE about our...

Can propane company shut off my tank over billing dispute if I own the tank? [ 3 Answers ]

I own my tank. I have a billing dispute with my supplier and they threatened to shutoff my tank. Can they do this legally, if I am the owner of the tank?

How to repair a faulty gauge on a 1967 ford ltd [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1967 Ford LTD with a faulty fuel gauge. The previous owner replaced the part in the tank with no luck. How do I trouble shoot this problem?

Chevy truck faulty temperature gauge [ 1 Answers ]

Changed the water pump on 88 gmc truck now temperature gauge pegs out. I also changed the thermostat and lower radiator hose to no avail. Any ideas.

Faulty temp gauge [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an 89 chevy celebrity with 2.8L engine. I'm suspicious that the temp gauge is not accurate. These are my observations: The temp gauge has a scale of 100-260. Mid point is 220. I've owned a celebrity in the past and it seemed to run around 220. The car will go into the "red"...

View more questions Search