Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3car Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Garage door remotes
    HI all,
    My neibours car remote occasionally opens my garage door.I contacted Hendersons,the supplier,who advised to alter the jumper in the control box.It has started again.Any ideas for a permanet solution?
    Thanks
    3car
    shannonoleyar Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2007, 10:55 PM
    Most garage doors have "rolling" codes they share w/ the remote and this problem is rare now w/ newer garage door openers. Maybe you should consider replacing it w/ a different brand. I am laughing out loud because you reminded me of the commercial where the husband asks the wife if she knows what the light switch in the garage does and she says no. He flips it on and off several times w/ nothing happening. To the neighbors surprise her garage door is going up and down... over and over, and she can't figure out why!
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage door [ 2 Answers ]

We do not have a garage door opener, but always open it by hand. Last week one side fell out of the track and I had to slacken the spring to fix it. The door is centred and is not rubbing against one side... so I'm assuming it is just the spring. Now that I put the spring back the door is very...

Replaced Battery, now keychain door lock remotes don't work [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced my battery last night and now neither of my two keychain remote door lock-unlock things don't work. What should I look at to solve this? Thanks!

Garage door remotes [ 1 Answers ]

I seem to have a problem with my garage door opener remote. When I have one of my cars in the garage, the remotes do not work unless I am very close to the door. If that car is not around, the remotes will open the garage door from at least 50 feet away. Any ideas about this problem. The...

View more questions Search