Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    browser007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 09:36 AM
    How to find out what my aunt left in her will
    Hi...
    I have a question... How do I find out what my aunt left in her will, as I don't have a relationship with my dad and he is very devious! I have always been told that I was being left jewlerey. As she is deceased now, I can't find out if or how to get hold of it! I don't know what solictor she was with, so can anyone help me to find out if I am intitled to see her will? Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by browser007 View Post
    Hi......
    I have a question.... How do i find out what my aunt left in her will, as i dont have a relationship with my dad and he is very devious!! I have always been told that i was being left jewlerey. As she is deceased now, i can't find out if or how to get hold of it! I dont know what solictor she was with, so can anyone help me to find out if i am intitled to see her will? Thanks
    browser007: it is always a good idea when asking about legal issues to tell us where you are located - what country and/or state. Also to help with the answer please provide some further information:

1. How long ago did your aunt pass away,
    2. how old were you at the time,
    3. did she leave any relatives other than her brother (your father, I assume), and
    4. do you happen to know who was the executor of her will (who hjandled the estate matters)?

May 14, 2012, 09:46 AM
    Hi...
    I live in the UK. She passed 7 months ago. I am an adult.. 36! Yes I have an uncle, but don't know where he is and I'm not sure who was the executor!! I only spoke to her.
    Thanks

May 14, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    browser007: it is always a good idea when asking about legal issues to tell us where you are located - what country and/or state. Also to help with the answer please provide some further information:

1. How long ago did your aunt pass away,
    2. how old were you at the time,
    3. did she leave any relatives other than her brother (your father, I assume), and
    4. do you happen to know who was the executor of her will (who hjandled the estate matters)?
    Hi...
    I live in the UK. She passed about 7 months ago. I was an adult... 36. I have an uncle but I don't know where he is and I don't know who was the executor. I only got on with her, so just spoke to her
    Thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Contact the court in the area where your aunt lived and ask if there was a probate petition filed with respect to her estate. If she didn't leave any major assets (real estate, automobiles, financial accounts, etc.) I wouldn't be surpised if the next of kin simply took what they wanted; there would be no need to institute a formal probate proceeding. So your only chance would be to contact a solicitor in that area and get him/her to look into it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find my mom she left when I was six [ 1 Answers ]

I was not adopt have some info about her but don't know where to begin please help.

My son and his aunt rented in house in Florida, the Aunt moves [ 2 Answers ]

The rented a house in Florida in July of this year. The aunt got mad at him and moved back to Texas. She told him she can come and go as she pleases. My son talked to the landlord, he said that was a family issue and not his. What right does my son have? Does he have rights if she does not pay...

My aunt died and left me a sizable inhertance. My husband calims half is his, is thi [ 2 Answers ]

Now we are divocing and he says that he can keep his boat and truck my money paid for. I want to sell both and dsplit the money. Who is right?

Lenox china valueII My Aunt left me 2 sets of china. On is Lenox/Harvest [ 0 Answers ]

I have 12 5 piece place settings of Lenox/Harvest china in perfect condition; How much is it worth?

How to find out if I was left in a will [ 2 Answers ]

I had a dear friend who passed away 2yrs ago and before he passed he told me that he put me in his will, and had also metioned that before several times before his death. He had a wife and she didn't know of our relationship so I'm assuming that he would have left private for me to receive what he...

View more questions Search